Players The Vince Williams Thread

VCU Heel

Elite Member
No, but that much + for even 4 or 5 years will if he manages things well.
It depends on what you consider being set up for life. If he wants to buy a house in a nice neighborhood, get married, have a couple kids, help them with college, pay for insurance, have money for retirement, etc., then 5 years of that (after taxes and expenses) is just a start.

But it’s still amazing for not having a professional degree or owning a business.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
It depends on what you consider being set up for life. If he wants to buy a house in a nice neighborhood, get married, have a couple kids, help them with college, pay for insurance, have money for retirement, etc., then 5 years of that (after taxes and expenses) is just a start.

But it’s still amazing for not having a professional degree or owning a business.
Four years of that is more than I have made my entire life, and I'm doing okay.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
Most NBA teams don't run as much traditional action as a college team would -- there's a lot more simple pick-and-roll and isolation play -- it's just that the NBA guys are so skilled. They make everything.
I know it is summer league, but I watched my first summer league action last night, Mem vs SA, and found it almost unwatchable. In most cases a 15 sec shot clock would have been too much. It was run and chuck all night (unless there was an open lane for a dunk).

Ramlove81

Elite Member
The difference we’re having is between doing okay and set for life. When I think “set for life” I think you really don’t have to worry about money any more.
We may have a different idea of what worrying about money is also.

rammad90

Elite Member
The difference we’re having is between doing okay and set for life. When I think “set for life” I think you really don’t have to worry about money any more.
I think the true difference here is what you each consider "set for life". for you "set for life" may mean something totally different from the poster. So you could both be correct based on your perceptions. While merely disagreeing on the definition of set for life.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
I had taken my kids to the pool and the lifeguards heard thunder and shut it down so while I was waiting for them to decide how long it would be closed I saw on twitter that The Toledo Kid would be here tonight. Took the kids home and now I sit here in Highland Springs High gym.

Edit- the second game just started as of 7:35 so game three that Vince is supposed to be in won’t be for another hour at the bare minimum so if anyone wants to come check it out there’s still time

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
Well the final game has started and I don’t see Vince anywhere, the highlight of the night will just have to be Marcus Evans getting ejected for getting after the refs too much haha
How well did Marcus perform prior to being ejected?