The Warren Files (1990-1994)

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Kendrick Warren is a VCU legend! I am releasing this video for the enjoyment of Kendrick, past players, current players and all of Ram Nation. Please enjoy these highlights and understand that Kendrick Warren is one of a kind so we do not need to compare his skills to other players or break down his game with a fine tooth comb..... we should appreciate what he gave us for 4 years…..a high flying…..rim rattling good time!! Special K was truly special and he finished around the rim like no other. Appreciate….Discover.....Rediscover & Enjoy…..

Kendrick Warren, from Richmond, Va, was a McDonald’s All-American at Thomas Jefferson High School, as well as an All-Colonial District, All-Metro, All-Central Region, and All-Group AAA selection. He averaged a double-double of 26 points and 12 rebounds as a senior for the Vikings, while leading his prep squad to a regional title and a berth in the state tournament. After his interscholastic playing days were over, the 6-8 forward decided to remain close to home and attend VCU.
Warren, as a rookie, was named the Sun Belt Conference’s Freshman of the Year and was a first-team all-conference selection. To this day, his 488 points scored that year remains the most by any freshman in the program’s history. Moreover, he led the Rams in 13 statistical categories, while registering 10 double-doubles. Warren also recorded 27 of 31 double-figure scoring outings and netted 20-plus points on nine different occasions. And that was just as a freshman.
Most notably, Warren surpassed the 1,000-career point milestone as a sophomore and went on to score 1,858 points at VCU. To this day, he is listed among the institution’s all-time career leaders in multiple statistical categories and Warren is VCU's all-time career leader in field goals made with 770.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2009
Kendrick Warren is a VCU legend! I am releasing this video for the enjoyment of Kendrick, past players, currents players and all of Ram Nation. Please enjoy these highlights and understand that Kendrick Warren is one of a kind so we do not need to compare his skills to other players or break down his game with a fine tooth comb..... we should appreciate what he gave us for 4 years…..a high flying…..rim rattling good time!! Special K was truly special and he finished around the rim like no other. Appreciate….Discover.....Rediscover & Enjoy…..

Kendrick Warren, from Richmond, Va, was a McDonald’s All-American at Thomas Jefferson High School, as well as an All-Colonial District, All-Metro, All-Central Region, and All-Group AAA selection. He averaged a double-double of 26 points and 12 rebounds as a senior for the Vikings, while leading his prep squad to a regional title and a berth in the state tournament. After his interscholastic playing days were over, the 6-8 forward decided to remain close to home and attend VCU.
Warren, as a rookie, was named the Sun Belt Conference’s Freshman of the Year and was a first-team all-conference selection. To this day, his 488 points scored that year remains the most by any freshman in the program’s history. Moreover, he led the Rams in 13 statistical categories, while registering 10 double-doubles. Warren also recorded 27 of 31 double-figure scoring outings and netted 20-plus points on nine different occasions. And that was just as a freshman.
Most notably, Warren surpassed the 1,000-career point milestone as a sophomore and went on to score 1,858 points at VCU. To this day, he is listed among the institution’s all-time career leaders in multiple statistical categories and Warren is VCU's all-time career leader in field goals made with 770.

Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Hey Senor Ram.....did you see Chris Brower and his socks? :shock::D

I think Kendrick punked The 'Ville......BaHaaaaaa!

I even got a Tyron M. dunk along with a couple S. Mills in the video. Lots of former great VCU players are running the floor in the video.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2009
Special K as he was affectionately known was the best forward we have had as long as I have been watching VCU basketball 1970 and we have have some others that were excellent as well.

Reactions: AlienAiden

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
standing-ovation.gif

Solid.....also, thanks for the Run D MC!!!

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Great job editing this and completing this project. I think back to all those coliseum jams and that my son was a lap baby for those first years. Due to KW, he never go to sleep as I was always jumping up to celebrate something incredible. Warren would have been special in any system and era, envisioning him in HAVOC is easy to do. Thanks for all the hard work and for reaching out to Kendrick and letting him know his special play is still revered.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Great job editing this and completing this project. I think back to all those coliseum jams and that my son was a lap baby for those first years. Due to KW, he never go to sleep as I was always jumping up to celebrate something incredible. Warren would have been special in any system and era, envisioning him in HAVOC is easy to do. Thanks for all the hard work and for reaching out to Kendrick and letting him know his special play is still revered.

Kendrick is such a nice and humble man. He is a good dude. I was glad that I saved this video and recovered it from my attic. He was shocked and elated to find out that it existed.

AllNet

Top Member
Insider
Mar 13, 2011

Kendrick is such a nice and humble man. He is a good dude. I was glad that I saved this video and recovered it from my attic. He was shocked and elated to find out that it existed.
Great shot of the coffee mug and thanks putting this together. You could definitely tell how much Kendrick appreciated it.

Video is a great walk down memory lane and validate Kendrick's place among the all time great Rams.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
Saw the part where Tennessee was playing us at the Coliseum. Was this part of the NIT or a regular season game? How did we get them to agree to come play us?

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Whoo-eee! That was enjoyable. Any of you whippersnappers think that VCU basketball is a recent phenomenon better think again. Anyone notice how the shorts got longer the longer Kendrick was here?

That behind the back dunk was sick, as we're many of those plays. What a freak of nature athlete he is.