The Warren Files (1990-1994)

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Part of the reason was that he got hurt during the preseason. I do not think he would have dominated Obi head up. That would be fun to watch though. Kendrick has limitations in his game like everyone else and the NBA is tough. At least I got to enjoy him during his four years.
Thanks—i am not as high on Obi as some, we’ll get to see real soon on that one. Let’s just say his family and the Knicks are perfect for one another. Still flabbergasted on Kendrick—i know his game was primarily in the lane or on the break—still the athleticism and raw instincts were breathtaking.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Kendrick sent me a high school game & a Lakers Preseason game. He wanted me to edit a Bonus Footage video. I did.

Here is it...
AA, now you’ve got me on a mission to find my Kendrick coffee mugs. I’ve got 2 of ‘em around here somewhere.

Reactions: AlienAiden

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Kendrick Warren is a VCU legend! I am releasing this video for the enjoyment of Kendrick, past players, current players and all of Ram Nation. Please enjoy these highlights and understand that Kendrick Warren is one of a kind so we do not need to compare his skills to other players or break down his game with a fine tooth comb..... we should appreciate what he gave us for 4 years…..a high flying…..rim rattling good time!! Special K was truly special and he finished around the rim like no other. Appreciate….Discover.....Rediscover & Enjoy…..

The Warren Files (1990-1994)
Kendrick Warren, from Richmond, Va, was a McDonald’s All-American at Thomas Jefferson High School, as well as an All-Colonial District, All-Metro, All-Central Region, and All-Group AAA selection. He averaged a double-double of 26 points and 12 rebounds as a senior for the Vikings, while leading his prep squad to a regional title and a berth in the state tournament. After his interscholastic playing days were over, the 6-8 forward decided to remain close to home and attend VCU.
Warren, as a rookie, was named the Sun Belt Conference’s Freshman of the Year and was a first-team all-conference selection. To this day, his 488 points scored that year remains the most by any freshman in the program’s history. Moreover, he led the Rams in 13 statistical categories, while registering 10 double-doubles. Warren also recorded 27 of 31 double-figure scoring outings and netted 20-plus points on nine different occasions. And that was just as a freshman.
Most notably, Warren surpassed the 1,000-career point milestone as a sophomore and went on to score 1,858 points at VCU. To this day, he is listed among the institution’s all-time career leaders in multiple statistical categories and Warren is VCU's all-time career leader in field goals made with 770.

Jan 16, 2020
Special K hit an even 50 percent (312-624) of his charity tosses .... had he made just 60 percent (not bad for a big man) you can add another 60 or so points .... as a junior, he missed 11 games ... he was averaging about 18, so that would have been another nearly 300 points loss. Yes, Kendrick Warren was Something Special. Rams fans need to go out to Monacan next season to cheer on his talented son, Special K Jr.