THEY CAN’T STOP YOU NICK KERN

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Nick's D was great last night. He was responsible for his very own 6-0 run. Some of his steals turned into split second points. He also was glued to Vandy's 3 point sniper in the 2nd half and especially down the stretch. Kern also attacked drawing fouls and he made his free throws.
yeah... everyone's taking bout Ace last night (and I get why)... but I personally feel like that 3-4 play sequence he had where... he grabbed the rebound off a missed 3 by somebody... dished it to Ace who then hit the 3.... then on the ensuing inbounds... steals the ball & drives to the basket drawing a foul... only makes 1-2 FTs but still... then on the next defensive possession forces another turnover.

take out the Technicals from the player & the coach.... and honestly I think that was the difference in the game at the time as it was a close back & forth game.

yeah... everyone's taking bout Ace last night (and I get why)... but I personally feel like that 3-4 play sequence he had where... he grabbed the rebound off a missed 3 by somebody... dished it to Ace who then hit the 3.... then on the ensuing inbounds... steals the ball & drives to the basket drawing a foul... only makes 1-2 FTs but still... then on the next defensive possession forces another turnover.

take out the Technicals from the player & the coach.... and honestly I think that was the difference in the game at the time as it was a close back & forth game.
He is our stopper!

2Rams

Insider
Disagree. Prove me wrong by asking Coach Rhodes at the next Q&A session. He did a wonderful job of slowing down #10 last night.
Love his enthusiasm too-wasn’t he the one leading the team around the court after game high-fiving fans?!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
"THEY CAN"T NOT START YOU NICK KERN!"
After the Davidson game I was listening to the postgame on my drive home. Nunn was asked about the slow starts. He said that the team needed to be locked in more defensively from the tip. The defense needs to stop the other team to help jump start the offense. Here in lies the reasoning for Kern starting last night.

Havoc2Ut2

Elite Member
After the Davidson game I was listening to the postgame on my drive home. Nunn was asked about the slow starts. He said that the team needed to be locked in more defensively from the tip. The defense needs to stop the other team to help jump start the offense. Here in lies the reasoning for Kern starting last night.
And we say that MR doesn't 'make adjustments. Nick is just starting to show us what he can do. Made a big Freshman jump. He'll only get better as the season progresses.