This is the effect we have...

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by greg81988, Apr 27, 2011.

1. greg81988

greg81988 Hall of Famer Top Member

My brother was at Universal Studios in Florida last week. His girlfriend was wearing her VCU shirt and they noticed a guy a few spots up in line from them had a Kansas shirt on. Eventually the Kansas guy turned around, recognized the shirt and smiled at them. Wonder what he was really thinking? Just thought I'd pass that along, makes ya feel good!

2. benchwarmer

benchwarmer New Member

Something along the lines of if we played them ten times we would blow them out nine times. Oh and that Bill Self can never win a big game :lol: .

3. RESRam

RESRam Starter

I was on the beach in Panama City (Bang's territory) last week wearing my Final Four T-shirt. A guy with an Indiana shirt on walked up to me and told me that due to in-State allegiance he was pulling for Butler, but had followed our team throughout the Tourn. and was very very impressed with our play.

4. hyeahvcu

hyeahvcu 6th Man

This is awesome.

5. BaNgMyPrOgRaM

BaNgMyPrOgRaM Legend Top Member

Thunder Beach?

6. wavevcu

wavevcu Starter

We were in myrtle beach and walked into a baskin robbins/dunkin donuts location and the guy behind the counter almost would not serve us because he is a diehard Jayhawks fan. he just could not believe 2 VCU fans walked into HIS store displaying their final 4 gear ! He literally went to the back and would not come back out for about 5 minutes because he could not bear to see our VCU gear ! then he proceeded to tell us how "lucky" we were that kansas was 2 for 27 from the 3 point line and how if kansas played their normal game they would have been "way ahead" in the first half. some people can convince themselves of anything. A moment later another guy walked in with a Kansas sweatshirt on - the guy behind the counter almost jumped over the friggin counter saying - look, look - he supports a real basketball school..blah, blah, blah...!

7. vcu70

vcu70 Legend Top Member

what store was it? I'll be down in a few weeks and go by and see the bastard with about 4 or 5 vcu final four shirts on.

Kocajj likes this.
  8. mrA10

mrA10 Legend Top Member

LOL! Everyone please make a point to visit this store when in the area. :D

9. VCULee

VCULee Starter

I bet they didn't even go to KU.

10. VCURamFan32

VCURamFan32 Hall of Famer

I'm going to be heading to St. Marteen, St. Thomas, and Nassau via the Allure of the Seas and I think all I'll wear is my VCU gear :D

11. 1JR

1JR New Member

When the buses from San Antonio were headed back to VCU we had a funny run in as well at the first pit stop. Here we were 2 charter buses with about 100 VCU fans then walks in 2 guys with Kansas gear on. I know that had to think of all the places we decided to stop at for gas, We picked this one. Needless to say they didn't stay long.

12. RamboRowdy

RamboRowdy Starter

There was a guy in one of my classes wearing a KU shirt. Needless to say I'm gonna give a VCU student a hard time for wearing a KU basketball shirt.

13. BaNgMyPrOgRaM

BaNgMyPrOgRaM Legend Top Member

Yeah. But dont be a bully.

14. 89TDX

89TDX Walk-On

I took my family to Disneyworld for springbreak and each day at least one of us was wearing VCU gear from my trips to Dayton/Chicago/San Antonio/Houston. Everyday of the week we saw and waved to other VCU fans in the parks. We have always been in every crowd but now we wear the gear and people know what a VCU is.

15. VRam

VRam Legend Top Member

Yeah, I'm still getting comments down here whenever I have a VCU shirt on. Even the manager at Steak n Shake the other day. :lol:

SpiderRAM likes this.