This is the effect we have...

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
The 71-72 team was a high scoring team that could run. Bernard Harris had good hands for a big man and could really handle the ball well. If he had been a little bulkier in his build he would have been a holy terror. We lived in the same residency hall (Chaukley House) located next to the Hibbs Building; he was such a truly nice guy. Had some true talent on that team: Harris. Jessie Dark, Reggie Cain ..... That team truly represented VCU well on the basketball court.
Am I reading that graphic correctly? They averaged 94 points per game?

Mar 18, 2012
Actually, the pharmacy was on one corner of pine & Cary and the pub was on the other corner of pine Cary (both were across the street from GRC). There was also a small hardware store a few doors west of the pharmacy (same side of Cary) which has also closed. Since you were around pre GRC, you must also remember the small European use car sales/repair shop which was on the corner of Main & Pine (I believe). It’s been many years and even more brain cells ago 😉.
The hardware store was Harvey Hardware, the European car shop was in the middle of the block between Main and Cary on Pine. It was directly across the middle gate by the trash area of GRC, There used to be a alley mid block by their garage shop door. It was next to Gandolph's. The bar "Tuesday's " was on the corner of Pine and Cary. They foolishly had a Friday "happy hour" promotion for a short while, "free taco's if you buy beer", We would get loaded, walk across the street, buy a 50 cent beer and eat a bunch of taco's, go back across the street and start drinking our beer again.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Anyone (older people) ever eat at Morton’s Tea House? Was around Fushee and Main. Best rolls I ever had.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Benny had a Great Dane that kind of roamed the bar, and hung around outside. We'd occasionally let him hop in our car and we'd take him with us down to Shockoe slip. Always dropping him off back at Bennys.

We made the crowd photo in the the Times Dispatch when the Dads played there the night before they took off for LA to become as the TD stated it "The Dads, The Next Beatles ??" I'm pretty sure that ended up being a negatory ghost rider.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Anyone (older people) ever eat at Morton’s Tea House? Was around Fushee and Main. Best rolls I ever had.
Yep as a kid we did all the time.

Our freshman, and sophomore year we'd eat at the Chesterfield, corner of Schaeffer and Franklin. It was an old lady high rise. lots of ancient Richmond folk lived there. You could eat lunch for like $4.00

Reactions: mike7842

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Yep as a kid we did all the time.

Our freshman, and sophomore year we'd eat at the Chesterfield, corner of Schaeffer and Franklin. It was an old lady high rise. lots of ancient Richmond folk lived there. You could eat lunch for like $4.00
Was the hostess at Morton’s a young blonde? She was a VCU cheerleader.