This is the effect we have...

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Correct, and I remember them being "sister" establishments.

Also, thanks to AA for posting the video from Newgate..... Nice to forget about viruses and the stock market for a bit.....
Please send to your son from me, "Ay, you seen my goat?" and whatever he does today, to "do something strange to 'em."

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Ya'll had to be freaking. That whole death march those f*ckers went on was devastating to several families.
Yeah....
I was at work one day soon after and wife was home. Knock on the door, she opened it with a big screwdriver in hand ready to go. It was the cops Re-interviewing.
apparently they were a bit taken aback but very understanding.

Reactions: SWV

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I went into the hospital up here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland on Sunday, a bad virus, probably not covid19, but testing for that tomorrow. In any case, I went to the emergency room in Easton with my vintage VCU t-shirt on. I got so many good comments, from nurses, to med techs, to the er doc and the hospitalist. Our MCV branch has such a good rep in the medical world. Everyone knows and loves us. A few mentioned basketball too. We have some fans up here.
On the subject above, I went to high school with Brian, great guy then. Lost touch with him but I understand he continued being a great guy. Awful thing to happen, horrible loss.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
We lived a block over from them in woodland heights when it happened. Devastation...
That was a really scary time. I can't imagine living that close and wondering who was doing that.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
That was a really scary time. I can't imagine living that close and wondering who was doing that.
Wife 1.0 and I were not strangers to firearms but we had done mostly rifle and only real handgun experience was with .22’s. My brother gave me a .380 and a 9mm to use as long as we wanted.
so, a buddy of mine was renting a 160 acre property off staples mill road, a mile or so past the chicken processing plant. There was one area with banks on three sides. We laid out an upstairs and downstairs floor plan and with a couple folding chairs and tables along with some other crap for simulation. set up multiple scenarios, starting with dry runs and then into live fire at balloons in “doorways”.
probably spent 8 hours at it over a weekend.

We got very used to announcing ourselves coming in and out of the house. The one and only time I forgot, I didn’t announce myself until I was at the bottom of the stairs. Called out, flipped the lights on and she was at the top, pulling her aim off my ass.

yeah, we were pretty rung up. Dam glad we practiced even tho it was pretty rudimentary

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Wife 1.0 and I were not strangers to firearms but we had done mostly rifle and only real handgun experience was with .22’s. My brother gave me a .380 and a 9mm to use as long as we wanted.
so, a buddy of mine was renting a 160 acre property off staples mill road, a mile or so past the chicken processing plant. There was one area with banks on three sides. We laid out an upstairs and downstairs floor plan and with a couple folding chairs and tables along with some other crap for simulation. set up multiple scenarios, starting with dry runs and then into live fire at balloons in “doorways”.
probably spent 8 hours at it over a weekend.

We got very used to announcing ourselves coming in and out of the house. The one and only time I forgot, I didn’t announce myself until I was at the bottom of the stairs. Called out, flipped the lights on and she was at the top, pulling her aim off my ass.

yeah, we were pretty rung up. Dam glad we practiced even tho it was pretty rudimentary
Wow! I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I remember thinking one or the other of the adults must have been involved in something shady because that was the only thing my brain could process as making sense. I didn't even think strung out druggies looking for a fix or money could be so brutal and ruthless. In my job, I've seen a LOT of murder cases and it's hardly every random--usually someone known to the victim in one way or the other. This was one of those random ones, and it was unbelievable.

Mar 18, 2012
Here is a song from the stage of Newgate Prison :lol:
Does anyone remember the time period (probably around 1983) when Newgate Prison had the $4.00 all you could drink nights? They would just pour and set pitchers out on the bar and you just filled your own glass. I think it lasted about a month until Va.ABC put an end to it.

Reactions: NCRam

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Does anyone remember the time period (probably around 1983) when Newgate Prison had the $4.00 all you could drink nights? They would just pour and set pitchers out on the bar and you just filled your own glass. I think it lasted about a month until Va.ABC put an end to it.
No, but I do remember that because of Va's alcohol /food sales requirements (food Sales have to be a min. % of your total sales) that the $2.00 cover charge at the door also got you 2 hot dogs, but they didn't tell you that when you paid. That was the story I heard a couple times.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
I remember going to many, but leaving few... 😉. They were great fun!

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I went into the hospital up here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland on Sunday, a bad virus, probably not covid19, but testing for that tomorrow. In any case, I went to the emergency room in Easton with my vintage VCU t-shirt on. I got so many good comments, from nurses, to med techs, to the er doc and the hospitalist. Our MCV branch has such a good rep in the medical world. Everyone knows and loves us. A few mentioned basketball too. We have some fans up here.
On the subject above, I went to high school with Brian, great guy then. Lost touch with him but I understand he continued being a great guy. Awful thing to happen, horrible loss.
What a lovely area, Easton, Oxford and St Michaels, Md. I used to know a woman from that neck of the woods who’s family has lived on the same property since the 18th century. There used to be a Natty Bo slogan that said “From the land of pleasant living” and I always pictured that area of Md Eastern Shore when I heard it.

Anyway, get well quickly so you may enjoy a place that I consider close to paradise.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
What a lovely area, Easton, Oxford and St Michaels, Md. I used to know a woman from that neck of the woods who’s family has lived on the same property since the 18th century. There used to be a Natty Bo slogan that said “From the land of pleasant living” and I always pictured that area of Md Eastern Shore when I heard it.

Anyway, get well quickly so you may enjoy a place that I consider close to paradise.
Don't forget Hebron since i lived there next to the Chicken Man gas station :lol: