Thought experiment about coaching

Which coach would you have liked to see have a decade at VCU and why?

• Jeff Capel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dana Kirk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 2, 2012
I agree, of the previous 3 coaches Coach Smart was the only one that received offers to leave and turned them down year after year and we all saw what that did for the program. Once that starts to happen with Coach Rhoades and people see that he can get it done and is here for the long haul the same things will happen again.
I just want to say I hope Coach Rhoades stays for 10 years, and I think once he gets his kids in and coached up, we will all be glad he did.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Dana Kirk, what he did in the short time he was here was great. Brought in great players, coached them well, won games. Maybe here he wouldn't have gotten in the trouble he did later.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I would say Pollio, but is that just GFY?
Who knows what he would have done in 10 years. I liked Mike, nice guy, but of course he hadn't quite figured out when he left that he was recruiting for division I not division II. If he had figured that out he may have done well.

Mar 18, 2012
JD Barnett was a Tony Bennett, except a more hard nosed edition. His teams were all composed, gritty, and fundamentally sound. They made do with less. Today's players would not respond to him because they are mentally too soft.

Shaka Smart at the Mid Major level is the most dynamic salesman to promote a program. He can assemble and motivate talent. I believe Parents trust him with their kids and he creates a good atmosphere for them. I believe he is only an average Floor General, and needs exceptional assistants to be successful.

Anthony Grant at the Mid Major level I think is the most complete coach as far as putting it all together. He built two teams at two programs with Final For potential.

Will Wade has some real genius. He is definitely cut out to perform on the big stage at Power 5 programs.

I guess my answer would be Grant.

Reactions: enonram