Thoughts on Switching Up the Lineups?

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Minutes will and should go to the hot hand...lot of weapons potentially...just need a few get hot every game...don’t care about the name on the back as long as the one on front reads VCU.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Minutes will and should go to the hot hand...lot of weapons potentially...just need a few get hot every game...don’t care about the name on the back as long as the one on front reads VCU.

After watching memphis and Georgia go 10 men deep, keep everything the same. Neither one of these teams plays great defense due to lack of chemistry.

Keep everything the same, develop defensive chemistry and win!!!

Reactions: Newboy
Aug 7, 2012
Ok. And against good teams ? Nothing against Clark, i like him but wonder if he can handle it.
Just because Bones and Evans play together, it doesn’t mean you need a third player to backup at PG. We can take one out and leave the other one on the floor. We can play short stretches without a true PG.

I’m not sure why some people have this simpleton concept that you need to have 2 PGs that come in and out for each other all game.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Just because Bones and Evans play together, it doesn’t mean you need a third player to backup at PG. We can take one out and leave the other one on the floor. We can play short stretches without a true PG.

I’m not sure why some people have this simpleton concept that you need to have 2 PGs that come in and out for each other all game.
Simpleton concepts are a bit too complicated for him.

May 4, 2012

Probably because we are reliant on fresh legs with the style we play. If you give that up at the 1 if drags the other 4 down. Simple enough of an explanation?

Aug 7, 2012
Probably because we are reliant on fresh legs with the style we play. If you give that up at the 1 if drags the other 4 down. Simple enough of an explanation?
And somehow we’ve been playing them together more and more over the last several weeks.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm still going to be the unpopular poster on these boards. It past time to sit Vann. He had 4 points, 0 rebounds and 2 turnovers today in over 23 minutes of play. It's way past time for "next man up". Maybe some bench time will jump start him down the stretch. If VCU wants to make a deep run in March, They HAVE to have positive production from Vann. Right now his poor offense is also impacting his defense.

Reactions: vcu70ram

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I'm still going to be the unpopular poster on these boards. It past time to sit Vann. He had 4 points, 0 rebounds and 2 turnovers today in over 23 minutes of play. It's way past time for "next man up". Maybe some bench time will jump start him down the stretch. If VCU wants to make a deep run in March, They HAVE to have positive production from Vann. Right now his poor offense is also impacting his defense.
Curry & Williams have been given ample opportunity to take more of those minutes.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
I don’t know about unpopular, but definitely bold. 😲

Reactions: Wolfpack Ram

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Curry & Williams have been given ample opportunity to take more of those minutes.
So, explain to me then why Vann is still starting. His stats, and the eye test, just do not justify it. I'm not saying sitting him for the entire game, but he definitely looks like he needs a wake up call. His play recently reeks of an opportunity for others to step up.