Thoughts on Switching Up the Lineups?

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Just because Bones and Evans play together, it doesn’t mean you need a third player to backup at PG. We can take one out and leave the other one on the floor. We can play short stretches without a true PG.

I’m not sure why some people have this simpleton concept that you need to have 2 PGs that come in and out for each other all game.
My fan on the couch theory is that the logic is Evans has had games where he picked up quick fouls in the first half. By not starting them together you can see how the game is progressing and know if foul trouble is a possibility. If it seems like foul trouble is not a concern then you can play them together without a “back up point guard”.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
I like Simms a lot and he is playing great. He's deserves the minutes he is getting. I agree it is not an argument worth having because really they do not play the same position. Vince is a stretch 4, Simms is a guard. We have been starting four guards. We will be fine with an undersized lineup the rest of conference play but if we make the tournament we will need the best version of Vince to make a deep run.
Simms plays the 4 in our system.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I agree and his body language has to be setting a bad example for the youngsters.
He is a youngster
Got to be tough for him. I’m sure he had the same expectations as the rest of us. My son played college baseball and even into his senior year it took an extra effort to not let an tough day show. College athletes are uber competitive. Vann wants to see the ball go in a heck of lot more than we do.
My dime store advise to Vann ....get to the rim and draw fouls ala ME...I will gladly have Vann at the line for 8+ free throws

Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
He is a youngster
Got to be tough for him. I’m sure he had the same expectations as the rest of us. My son played college baseball and even into his senior year it took an extra effort to not let an tough day show. College athletes are uber competitive. Vann wants to see the ball go in a heck of lot more than we do.
My dime store advise to Vann ....get to the rim and draw fouls ala ME...I will gladly have Vann at the line for 8+ free throws
Totally agree. He needs to be aggressive and draw contact.

May 4, 2012
Simms > Vince.

It's not even an argument worth having, but Simms is delivering every single game he's out there and being defensively savvy. Not sure how Vince replaces him.
As noted in the post you quoted Vince brings rebounding and size/toughness. MSS needs the help against better teams. Sit Vann instead best.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
He is a youngster

I'm not so sure about that! ;)

Reactions: Ramdog

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Shock and Awe states that we start Clark, McAllister, Henderson and a couple of warriors. Before the U16, MR calls timeout and adds MSS, ME, IV, MS and either Mr. Curry or Crow, for 37 minutes more of RAMBALL! And..

Reactions: CAAFan66
Feb 14, 2011
Shock and Awe states that we start Clark, McAllister, Henderson and a couple of warriors. Before the U16, MR calls timeout and adds MSS, ME, IV, MS and either Mr. Curry or Crow, for 37 minutes more of RAMBALL! And..

Sorry, have to disagree. Shock and Awe is starting the seniors from the Gold Rush Dancers. In Coach Rhoades We Trust.