Time for Frank to fall?

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
The NCAA just brought the hammer down on Oklahoma State. I don't think any school involved in all of this is just going to get a slap on the wrist.

This is from the article:

Here is the list of penalties handed down by the NCAA:
  • Three years of probation.
  • A 2020-21 postseason ban for the men's basketball team.
  • A $10,000 fine plus 1% of the men's basketball program budget (self-imposed by the university).
  • A reduction of men's basketball scholarships by a total of three during the 2020-21 through 2022-23 academic years.
  • A reduction of men's basketball official visits to 25 during the 2018-19/2019-20 rolling two-year period and to 18 during the 2019-20/2020-21 rolling two-year period (self-imposed by the university).
  • A prohibition of men's basketball unofficial visits for two weeks during the fall of 2020 and two weeks during the fall of 2021 (self-imposed by the university). The university also must prohibit unofficial visits for three additional weeks during the fall of 2020, 2021 and/or 2022.
  • A prohibition of men's basketball telephone recruiting for a one-week period during the 2020-21 academic year (self-imposed by the university). The university also must prohibit telephone recruiting for six additional weeks during the probation period.
  • A reduction in the number of men's basketball recruiting person days by 12 during the 2019-20 academic year (self-imposed by the university). The university also must reduce the number of recruiting person days by five during the 2020-21 academic year.
  • A 10-year show-cause order for the former associate head coach. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
  • A prohibition of the men's basketball staff from participating in off-campus evaluations for three consecutive days during the summer evaluation periods in 2020 (self-imposed by the university).

Reactions: RamStrut

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
If this happens to any SFA they’d get the death penalty but LSU, this will be a mere slap on the wrist
Not necessarily. For instance, Okie State has one level 1 violation. Kansas had five. They could get the hammer. The possibility is there that Kansas, Arizona, LSU, and Louisville could get BLASTED. We shall see.

May 19, 2015
I told you they were going to catch up with freak willie and LSU. I'm not taking bets but I really don't think they will get off without penalty because the promotors, who actually despise freak willie, want to be the ones to take him down. There is poetry in justice.

May 1, 2009
The NCAA just brought the hammer down on Oklahoma State. I don't think any school involved in all of this is just going to get a slap on the wrist.

This is from the article:

Here is the list of penalties handed down by the NCAA:
  • Three years of probation.
  • A 2020-21 postseason ban for the men's basketball team. ----Does that include conference tournament???

• A reduction of men's basketball official visits to 25 during the 2018-19/2019-20 rolling two-year period and to 18 during the 2019-20/2020-21 rolling two-year period (self-imposed by the university). ----- I question some of this...how many visits do they actually need based on the current and past roster????
  • A prohibition of men's basketball unofficial visits for two weeks during the fall of 2020 and two weeks during the fall of 2021 (self-imposed by the university). The university also must prohibit unofficial visits for three additional weeks during the fall of 2020, 2021 and/or 2022. ----- Doesn't mean a player can't stop by the university and watch a game or talk with players or tour the university.....and it is for unofficial visits.
  • A reduction in the number of men's basketball recruiting person days by 12 during the 2019-20 academic year (self-imposed by the university). ----19-20 is already freakin over!

• The university also must reduce the number of recruiting person days by five during the 2020-21 academic year.
  • A 10-year show-cause order for the former associate head coach. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
  • A prohibition of the men's basketball staff from participating in off-campus evaluations for three consecutive days during the summer evaluation periods in 2020 (self-imposed by the university). -----probably already happened because of coronavirus.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Attached is an article talking about how other schools should be worried. Looks like the NCAA is actually trying to regain some credibility. No way LSU makes it through this with just a slap on the wrist.

We’ll see. I just feel like I’ve seen this movie before (cough unc cough).