Time for Frank to fall?

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
This might be a dumb question but if there is a post season ban and there ends up not being a post season does that penalty carry forward?
I think that was an issue this season with Georgia Tech? and because they were sitting out of the ACC tourney they said that the penalty was satisfied.

Reactions: Ramcounter
Apr 20, 2009
It was in that HBO show:
It was allegedly in reference to current player Javonte Smart. His mom was shopping him around to college coaches. She boasted about it when he was playing AAU ball down in Louisiana. She let everybody know that her son was "gonna get paid."

Reactions: rammad90
Dec 2, 2012
Not necessarily. For instance, Okie State has one level 1 violation. Kansas had five. They could get the hammer. The possibility is there that Kansas, Arizona, LSU, and Louisville could get BLASTED. We shall see.
Im am starting to think that pretty much anything can happen, but the weight of history, plus the idea that this is a really bad time to kill a cash cow might incline me to think not much will happen.

Dec 2, 2012
Upon further reflection, I think a lot of programs will be hit with sanctions this year, a lot of big ones. Why? It is a down year, we could still have short seasons or no crowds, and this way you could smack a bunch of p5 schools who would not make THAT MUCH money this year all at once.

Then next year, they go back to business as usual wiht buying recruits houses and cars but all the p5's can say "Oh well they banned Duke from the post season during the Covid19 season, so that proves it is a fair system".

Any p5 schools that are facing a down year should probably step up for a slap on the wrist now, like when Syracuse was set up for a sub par year and took a post season ban.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Upon further reflection, I think a lot of programs will be hit with sanctions this year, a lot of big ones. Why? It is a down year, we could still have short seasons or no crowds, and this way you could smack a bunch of p5 schools who would not make THAT MUCH money this year all at once.

Then next year, they go back to business as usual wiht buying recruits houses and cars but all the p5's can say "Oh well they banned Duke from the post season during the Covid19 season, so that proves it is a fair system".

Any p5 schools that are facing a down year should probably step up for a slap on the wrist now, like when Syracuse was set up for a sub par year and took a post season ban.
I cannot argue with any of that :I

Dec 2, 2012
Keeping the stuff in this thread, looks like there might be some developments coming soon, as per Dick Vitale's twitter:

Dick Vitale

@DickieV

I’m amazed how fans of schools that face
@NCAA
allegations scream what about other schools. LSU & Arizona fans blame everyone but the coaches that have humiliated their 1st class schools. Trust me Level 1 charges r coming at the end of July or early Aug. & that is a FACT .

If I was a p5 school doing dirt, I would go ahead and take my lumps now, have it get lost in how crazy 2020 is, and keep on trucking next year.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
It was allegedly in reference to current player Javonte Smart. His mom was shopping him around to college coaches. She boasted about it when he was playing AAU ball down in Louisiana. She let everybody know that her son was "gonna get paid."
Which is why you dont let your family manage your business. If she could only hold water.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Keeping the stuff in this thread, looks like there might be some developments coming soon, as per Dick Vitale's twitter:

Dick Vitale
@DickieV

I’m amazed how fans of schools that face
@NCAA
allegations scream what about other schools. LSU & Arizona fans blame everyone but the coaches that have humiliated their 1st class schools. Trust me Level 1 charges r coming at the end of July or early Aug. & that is a FACT .

If I was a p5 school doing dirt, I would go ahead and take my lumps now, have it get lost in how crazy 2020 is, and keep on trucking next year.
West End. Thanks for the update. This quote from Dickie V is spot the heck on! All this "what about ism going around. Look no doubt there'd be some doing that here as well. However, as Vitale points out, you really should be angry at the Coach who dragged your program through the mud in the first place. #fixtheproblem

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
yeah but how much gets lost in the "new normal"? I bet a lot. I'm not counting on punishment and I'm as old school as anyone here.

Dec 2, 2012
yeah but how much gets lost in the "new normal"? I bet a lot. I'm not counting on punishment and I'm as old school as anyone here.
Looks like I was wrong about Wade outlasting the statues. (At least one)

But thats what I'm saying, as soon as they announce a season, some P5 will say they are sitting it out to be punished, then sell it as "we sat out for player safety" and then go back to normal next year.