Time to have a Conversation about the RAMS!

May 4, 2012
Perhaps the most political moment in history of VCU basketology was May, 2012, when Barack Obama was lovingly endorsed by coach Shaka Smart on a Siegel Center stage ... some liked it. some didn't.
Never understood endorsements. Would anyone really abdicate their resposibilitu to decide just because somebodu said 'he's my guy' ?

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Never understood endorsements. Would anyone really abdicate their resposibilitu to decide just because somebodu said 'he's my guy' ?
Sure, America is filled with parrots. They are like the little children that followed the Pied Piper to the river to be drowned. Where have you been the last couple of years?

RamDaddio

Top Member
Apr 18, 2015
I love Ram’s Basketball. I love politics. I don’t like mixing the two. Reminds me of my first boiler maker. Beer and bourbon don’t mix well.
Couldn't agree more. For me, and I imagine a lot of folks, sports is a respite from the outside world. There are countless options to get your political fixes, just wish we could leave politics off the playing fields as they are polarizing and divisive.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
For some endorsements yes, and it could also inspire some to vote or get involved in some way. It is a bit of a buckshot process, because most endorsements are irrelevant—which i suspect is your point.

Reactions: Celticguy
Feb 14, 2011
Couldn't agree more. For me, and I imagine a lot of folks, sports is a respite from the outside world. There are countless options to get your political fixes, just wish we could leave politics off the playing fields as they are polarizing and divisive.

The sports seem to fuel the political fire more than the fans. Being a business owner, the majority of the people I work with and/or for have no idea of my political or social beliefs. Unless it's business/trade related, most businesses purposely avoid most social media like Twitter and Facebook. Heck I don't openly advertise that I'm a Rams supporter, never know if that potential client could be a tick supporter.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Skipping over "resposibilitu" [sic] and "somebodu" [sic], I'd just like to point out the misogyny in assuming the hypothetical politician under discussion would me a male.

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
The sports seem to fuel the political fire more than the fans. Being a business owner, the majority of the people I work with and/or for have no idea of my political or social beliefs. Unless it's business/trade related, most businesses purposely avoid most social media like Twitter and Facebook. Heck I don't openly advertise that I'm a Rams supporter, never know if that potential client could be a tick supporter.

yup. Just smile at that tick and mark up the deal 2x. Like my first boss told me when he noticed I was really upset with a customer. He pulled me aside and said “ Don’t get mad, just take their money”. Old Mel was a good coach.