Time to have a Conversation about the RAMS!

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
It’s never been more apparent that some “fans” of players don’t care at all about that actual player, only their plays. Very sad. Building up young men and caring about them in all aspects of their lives will always support people more than money. The program will still be there without the money of racists, but if the players don’t feel respected and cared for, they will not always be there or be willing/motivated to play. Saying “my life matters” isn’t “taking a stance” that should be disappointing to anyone, and that’s NOT political, just truth. People out there do really love you, Bones, and that means we know your life matters.

Dec 16, 2013
I am trying to understand what was said that resulted in the response depicted in the attachment 8626. anyone have any insight.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am trying to understand what was said that resulted in the response depicted in the attachment 8626. anyone have any insight.
All you have to do is go click Bizzy Bones on Twitter.

He made a comment about having zero respect for police at this moment and time. He also tweeted about racism in our society. Brenda Faulkner decided to comment and let him know that she is disappointed in him and she would be pulling her donation. She obviously is the kind of person that would write a long diatribe on Facebook to say she was leaving because of all the hate. I wish people would just read and move on. It is nothing new that people have opinions that might not align with yours. Sheesh. Someone sent me a text and Brenda is married to someone in law enforcement. They have a scholarship in the Social Work dept for people with an emphasis to move into criminal justice. She got her feelings hurt and it resulted in her tweet. Other people also decided they would weigh in on his tweets with disagreements. Not sure why because the young man has his opinions and he certainly has every right to feel the way he feels.

I have a friend that is a retired chief. He is a donor and big time Ram fan from way back to the "Sit Down Gene!" days. He is smart enough to understand what is happening. I saw him the other day and he was proudly wearing his VCU mask. When racism or policing is discussed people take it so personally. I saw a comment the other day about how police officers chose it as their occupation. It is a public job, paid for by us. It is the civic responsibility of the people to hold public officials accountable. Protesting against police brutality is not hating police. I think that is what some miss in these discussions. That being said, some do take it personally but at the same time people have every right to question our criminal justice system. Anyway, as I said in the Let's Have a Conversation thread, people get upset and deflection seems to be how people handle discussions when they feel uncomfortable or disagree.

FYI: Bones is not alone in this. Players from every school are commenting. I just saw a big statement from Kellan Grady at Davidson pop up on my twitter feed.
We are in a sad state right not that requires listening and understanding. Empathy for others is in short supply these days. People talk about COVID depression being a thing but the unwillingness to listen or attempt to understand someones feelings is what depresses me.

Dec 16, 2013
All you have to do is go click Bizzy Bones on Twitter.

thanks for taking the time to explain
Wow.
my 2 cents !! We all need to do a better job of listening and not feeling a need (and acting upon it) to refute how others feel and do it in a negative and threatening way when we want to express an alternative or opposing view.

thanks again AA

Reactions: AlienAiden

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
FYI: Bones is not alone in this. Players from every school are commenting.
If it won't get Ram fans panties too much in a bunch (even if it does, then good, serves us all right), you should watch and listen to the entirety of Richmond's own Henry Coleman's piece from yesterday, yall. I've seen this guy play many times live.
I know darn well what's empowering this, we're gonna drag it out into the light, the only way to begin making it right.

NCRam

Top Member
Feb 23, 2013
Couldn't agree more. For me, and I imagine a lot of folks, sports is a respite from the outside world. There are countless options to get your political fixes, just wish we could leave politics off the playing fields as they are polarizing and divisive.
You use sports as a respite. The majority of athletes that provide that respite are people of color. Your comment sounds a bit like "shut up and dribble" to me. Kind of hard to concentrate on sports when you see so many people killed.

Feb 10, 2009
You use sports as a respite. The majority of athletes that provide that respite are people of color. Your comment sounds a bit like "shut up and dribble" to me. Kind of hard to concentrate on sports when you see so many people killed.
It is not just the killing that is just the most heinous. It is the dehumanizations that happen everywhere all the time. The latest being Brandon Marshall trying to move into his house. We know this because it was being filmed.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
How do you guys feel about the fact that mayor stoney's city prosecutor, Collette W. McEachin, reviewed the marcus Peter's case and found that the black cop who shot him "acted justifiably"?

m.richmondfreepress.com

City prosecutor to review Marcus-David Peters case
The Marcus-David Peters case is getting another look.
m.richmondfreepress.com
m.richmondfreepress.com

"
However, Mrs. McEachin stated that her action does not mean the case would be reopened.

Instead, she stated she needs to read the information before coming to any decision about whether to change the conclusion of her predecessor, former Commonwealth’s Attorney Michael N. Herring.

After a two-month probe, Mr. Herring found that Michael Nyantakyi, the African-American police officer who fatally shot the naked and unarmed Mr. Peters, acted justifiably.".

Obviously. Anyone would disagree with this. The point is your democratic black mayor and democratic city prosecutor had a chance to resolve this one month ago and decided to let the cop off the hook.

If you want to change the situation, look at city hall ...not the white house.

NCRam

Top Member
Feb 23, 2013
How do you guys feel about the fact that mayor stoney's city prosecutor, Collette W. McEachin, reviewed the marcus Peter's case and found that the black cop who shot him "acted justifiably"?

m.richmondfreepress.com

City prosecutor to review Marcus-David Peters case
The Marcus-David Peters case is getting another look.
m.richmondfreepress.com
m.richmondfreepress.com

"
However, Mrs. McEachin stated that her action does not mean the case would be reopened.

Instead, she stated she needs to read the information before coming to any decision about whether to change the conclusion of her predecessor, former Commonwealth’s Attorney Michael N. Herring.

After a two-month probe, Mr. Herring found that Michael Nyantakyi, the African-American police officer who fatally shot the naked and unarmed Mr. Peters, acted justifiably.".

Obviously. Anyone would disagree with this. The point is your democratic black mayor and democratic city prosecutor had a chance to resolve this one month ago and decided to let the cop off the hook.

If you want to change the situation, look at city hall ...not the white house.
Definitely agree. Change has to come locally first.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
both can happen at the same time.
Sure both can happen but only one directly impacts this situation.

If you are at sleep at night, hear a crash at your door, see someone breaking in and call 911, do you expect a federal agent to show up at your front door?

No. Its going to be at least 1 cop from your local precinct to investigate and hopefully arrest the perpetrator.

If the cop doesnt show up and the perpetrator ties you up and steals your valuables, then what do you? Call the FBI or DOJ and complain?

No, you call the police precinct and complain.