Time to have a Conversation about the RAMS!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Oh well, we tried. Let's go back to white people.

Haha I'm just kidding man.
Well, it's true. Based on current logic. One would expect that Richmond leadership representing the progressive party would re-open the case for purpose of at least discipline the officer, right?

Especially a case with such impact that Lee statue area on monument Avenue was renamed marcus Pete square with all the pomp and circumstance surrounding.

However, with little or no coverage from the mainstream local or national media, we find a small 3 paragraph article stating CA's conclusion that the officer's acts were justified.

Now either the Richmond commonwealth attorney let the cop off the hook or reviewed the case meticulously and found that original case outcome was correct. Take your pick

Either way. I am surprised that wasnt any rioting in the streets after the findings were released to the public.

May 4, 2012
Well, it's true. Based on current logic. One would expect that Richmond leadership representing the progressive party would re-open the case for purpose of at least discipline the officer, right?

Especially a case with such impact that Lee statue area on monument Avenue was renamed marcus Pete square with all the pomp and circumstance surrounding.

However, with little or no coverage from the mainstream local or national media, we find a small 3 paragraph article stating CA's conclusion that the officer's acts were justified.

Now either the Richmond commonwealth attorney let the cop off the hook or reviewed the case meticulously and found that original case outcome was correct. Take your pick

Either way. I am surprised that wasnt any rioting in the streets after the findings were released to the public.
Small article for that very reason.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
spoke with former player today.

Curry standing out early on and the K State transfer is automatic when he gets the ball on the low block.
well the entire A10 was automatic in the block vs. us this past season, so that is a low bar to clear 🥁

seriously though, thanks for the intel.

RonnieDobbs

Top Member
May 20, 2009
If I must...I was responding to a comment that appeared to conflate progressive views with being black. It should not have to be said that black people are not monolithic politically. One could interpret the poster's view as a sort of "well, we tried black/progressiveness and look where that got us" which of course is patently absurd. So I wanted to call that comment out. But, I didn't want the sort of back and forth that drives many of this site's participants crazy, so I said just kidding man. In retrospect, I don't see how any of this is clear in my post.

Reactions: rammad90
May 4, 2012
spoke with former player today.

Curry standing out early on and the K State transfer is automatic when he gets the ball on the low block.
No question Levi would be top dog big man.
Glad Curry is hitting his stride, we needed that.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
If I must...I was responding to a comment that appeared to conflate progressive views with being black. It should not have to be said that black people are not monolithic politically. One could interpret the poster's view as a sort of "well, we tried black/progressiveness and look where that got us" which of course is patently absurd. So I wanted to call that comment out. But, I didn't want the sort of back and forth that drives many of this site's participants crazy, so I said just kidding man. In retrospect, I don't see how any of this is clear in my post.
RonnieDobbs only someone closed minded would have interpreted your initial statement with anything but sarcasm. However, sadly there are more than a few who actually believe that African Americans are a monolithic group.

Further, they believe or support the notion that issues that have taken hundreds of years to create, should be solved by placing on or a few minority candidates in positions of authority. Sadly, they overlook all the failures of non-people of color who not only created the issue but also didnt solve them.

At the end of the day, you cannot discount people and effectiveness based on race, gender, or ethnicity.

Reactions: RonnieDobbs

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Wasn't expecting politics in this thread, but certainly not surprised. Interesting dynamic. Some seem to think the "Shut-up and dribble" folks should "shut-up, pay-up and cheer." Interesting. I'm not seeing a "happily ever after" ending.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Wasn't expecting politics in this thread, but certainly not surprised. Interesting dynamic. Some seem to think the "Shut-up and dribble" folks should "shut-up, pay-up and cheer." Interesting. I'm not seeing a "happily ever after" ending.
What do you see? I see myself grabbing a Hardywood Great Return tall boy and cheering for my Rams.

“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”
― Voltaire

Reactions: PRock

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
I guess in your case it would be "shut up and say *insert player here* is the best"

:)

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
What do you see? I see myself grabbing a Hardywood Great Return tall boy and cheering for my Rams.

“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”
― Voltaire
I'm with you, but if someone wants to voice their opinion it's not for me to tell them not to, whatever side they're on.

I have no connections to law enforcement, but I could see people who do pushing back. If it's a bigger issue for the players than basketball, it's probably a bigger issue than basketball for the people with connections to law enforcement.

Reactions: share the ball

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I'm with you, but if someone wants to voice their opinion it's not for me to tell them not to, whatever side they're on.

I have no connections to law enforcement, but I could see people who do pushing back. If it's a bigger issue for the players than basketball, it's probably a bigger issue than basketball for the people with connections to law enforcement.
Well, maybe they should listen. If you disagree after listening then move on. I have friends in law enforcement. Some understand and some don't. Such is life.