Players Time to have a conversation

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
You mentioned Anti abortion, Tea Party,

While I do not agree with the destruction at all. I also do not agree with the lack of progress in granting a group of American citizens their full rights and the needs for some to continue to support a system that is inherently racist.

Is the system racist or are the people in authority charge of the system just morally corrupt

DC has elected black democratic mayors and a prominently black city council for the last 50 years. They have the some of the most comprehensive progressive policies for equal opportunfity housing and employment in the united states

And yet. They are constantly rocked with scandal and corruption. So much so. that dc government has an internal weekly publication which tracks dc government on a weekly basis.

lawsuit filed by the city accuses the District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA) of endangering over 5,000 tenants in 10 public housing properties.

The suit also alleges that the D.C. Housing Authority also endangered the surrounding communities in Wards 1,5, 6 and 7, by failing to confront “drug- and firearm-related nuisances at the properties,” a news release from the D.C. Attorney General’s Office said.

“District law requires building owners such as DCHA to maintain their properties and take reasonable precautions to protect their tenants and properties from crime,” Attorney General Karl Racine said.".

response to complaints from residents, our office repeatedly warned DCHA about dangerous and illegal activity at their properties, putting tenants—especially children, seniors, and residents with disabilities—at risk.”

The properties named in the suit include Kenilworth Courts Apartments, Langston Terrace and Additions, Lincoln Heights Apartments, and Richardson Dwellings Apartments in Northeast; LeDroit Apartments and Kelly Miller Apartments in Northwest; James Creek Apartments and Syphax Gardens Apartments in Southwest; and Benning Terrace Apartments, Stoddert Terrace Apartments, and the public housing properties formerly known as the Arthur Capper/Carrollsburg Apartments in Southeast.

Court documents said that between January 2019 to May 2020, D.C. police responded to over 5,270 incidents at the properties, including homicides, shootings and drug offenses.

“Of the more than 5,270 incidents MPD has responded to since January 2019, more than 1,000 have occurred at James Creek Apartments in Ward 6 alone,” the news release said.

The lawsuit said that residents and the D.C. Attorney General’s Office have asked for actions, such as increase security presence, lighting and camera, but the housing authority “has failed to respond to both.”

Law enforcement has regularly seized drug and firearms when executing search warrants at the properties, the D.C. Attorney General’s Office said.".

Here is what was happening at the dc tax department for a 30 year period before they got reorganized and overseen by an independent arm with in the dc government supported.

Harriet "Mother Harriethttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriette_WWalter's.https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/01/us/01embezzle.html
The mastermind behind an embezzlement scheme that took nearly $50 million from the District of Columbia’s government was sentenced Tuesday to 17 and a half years in prison and ordered to pay more than $60 million in forfeited assets, restitution and taxes.
The woman, Harriette Walters, 52, is the last of 11 people to be sentenced in what officials have described as the largest and longest-running embezzlement scheme in the city’s history.
For nearly two decades, Ms. Walters used her job as a tax manager for the district treasury to issue $48 million in bogus property tax refunds for herself and her co-conspirators, who included family, friends and a bank manager. She told investigators that loopholes in software and lax internal controls had allowed her to carry on undetected.
Ms. Walters pleaded guilty in September to wire fraud, conspiracy to commit money laundering and tax evasion..

Then there's the dc public school system.

</noscript></div></div><p>Let’s review the report card.</p><p><br></p><p>First, there was the school lunch scandal. The former food services director presented a <a href=/www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13046988/hunger-games" target="_blank">case to DCPS that its food vendor had cheated the district out of $19 million and served students rotting food. A few weeks later, then-Chancellor Kaya Henderson, in violation of ethics rules, solicited a $100,000 donation from the corporation, and its contract was later renewed.

Then there was the school discipline scandal. The much-vaunted 40 percent decrease in suspensions under Henderson’s leadership was an artifact of systemic fraud. Pressured to lower suspensions, principals simply took them off the books. At least one top-level official, Jason Kamras, was told. Either Henderson knew she was getting credit for fraudulent gains or she had no clue what was going on in her schools.

Then there was the graduation rate scandal. The much-vaunted 20 percent increase in graduation under Henderson and her successor, Antwan Wilson, was also an artifact of systemic fraud. Under pressure to increase graduation rates, principals no longer required that students attend school to receive a diploma. Either Henderson and Wilson were aware that they were getting credit for fraud or neither ever examined basic attendance data.

Then there were the nepotism scandals. Henderson let the kids of high-ranking officials cut the line to attend better schools. Wilson vowed never again, then did the same thing for his own daughter.

Just this week, a new scandal broke about widespread enrollment fraud at a prestigious high school. Officials had slow-tracked the investigation for fear of bad publicity in an election year.

How the heck can lower income black dc families make any progress when dc government (predominantly run by black progressive leaders at every level)

1. Makes them lives in environmentally dangerous and publically unsafe housing.

2. Embezzled their tax dollars for 30+ years and is still doing even under the new organisational structure.

3. Cant provide them a safe environment to learn in and lies about education reform and is cheating students out of an education

Moral bankruptcy is color blind and those who are morally corrupt find a way to take advantage of their positions..sometimes it involves racism..but not all the time.

If you elect and or select people of good reliable character and place them in positions of authority then the problems go away including police brutality.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
The BLM movement has led to numerous discussions about race and sports, and when it comes to college sports, one of the things that is brought up is that there should be more African American head coaches. I agree with this, but if we're all concerned about equality, I honestly don't understand why nobody mentions an even more glaring form of oppression, and that has to do with the complete lack of women in the coaching ranks.

In all of division 1 football, there is currently one female coach: the qb coach at Brown.

In all of division 1 men's basketball, there is one female coach: the assistant coach at Maine.

If someone could give me non-misogynistic reason why women can't coach men, I'd be all ears. Otherwise, while I agree that it would be good for the coaching ranks to be more racially diverse, I think that issue pales in comparison to the complete lack of gender diversity in the coaching ranks. And yet the former receives so much more attention. I wonder why?
That’s a great question. I have another one. Why is it so important to rename a high school in Hanover County, yet no one seems to be concerned with renaming Nee York State and New York City? After all, both are named after the greatest slave trader the world has ever seen. What is more important to not memorialize? Someone that defended slavery or someone that essentially single handedly brought slavery to the Western Hemisphere?

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Is the system racist or are the people in authority charge of the system just morally corrupt

DC has elected black democratic mayors and a prominently black city council for the last 50 years. They have the some of the most comprehensive progressive policies for equal opportunfity housing and employment in the united states

And yet. They are constantly rocked with scandal and corruption. So much so. that dc government has an internal weekly publication which tracks dc government on a weekly basis.

lawsuit filed by the city accuses the District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA) of endangering over 5,000 tenants in 10 public housing properties.

The suit also alleges that the D.C. Housing Authority also endangered the surrounding communities in Wards 1,5, 6 and 7, by failing to confront “drug- and firearm-related nuisances at the properties,” a news release from the D.C. Attorney General’s Office said.

“District law requires building owners such as DCHA to maintain their properties and take reasonable precautions to protect their tenants and properties from crime,” Attorney General Karl Racine said.".

response to complaints from residents, our office repeatedly warned DCHA about dangerous and illegal activity at their properties, putting tenants—especially children, seniors, and residents with disabilities—at risk.”

The properties named in the suit include Kenilworth Courts Apartments, Langston Terrace and Additions, Lincoln Heights Apartments, and Richardson Dwellings Apartments in Northeast; LeDroit Apartments and Kelly Miller Apartments in Northwest; James Creek Apartments and Syphax Gardens Apartments in Southwest; and Benning Terrace Apartments, Stoddert Terrace Apartments, and the public housing properties formerly known as the Arthur Capper/Carrollsburg Apartments in Southeast.

Court documents said that between January 2019 to May 2020, D.C. police responded to over 5,270 incidents at the properties, including homicides, shootings and drug offenses.

“Of the more than 5,270 incidents MPD has responded to since January 2019, more than 1,000 have occurred at James Creek Apartments in Ward 6 alone,” the news release said.

The lawsuit said that residents and the D.C. Attorney General’s Office have asked for actions, such as increase security presence, lighting and camera, but the housing authority “has failed to respond to both.”

Law enforcement has regularly seized drug and firearms when executing search warrants at the properties, the D.C. Attorney General’s Office said.".

Here is what was happening at the dc tax department for a 30 year period before they got reorganized and overseen by an independent arm with in the dc government supported.

Harriet "Mother Harriethttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriette_WWalter's.https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/01/us/01embezzle.html
The mastermind behind an embezzlement scheme that took nearly $50 million from the District of Columbia’s government was sentenced Tuesday to 17 and a half years in prison and ordered to pay more than $60 million in forfeited assets, restitution and taxes.
The woman, Harriette Walters, 52, is the last of 11 people to be sentenced in what officials have described as the largest and longest-running embezzlement scheme in the city’s history.
For nearly two decades, Ms. Walters used her job as a tax manager for the district treasury to issue $48 million in bogus property tax refunds for herself and her co-conspirators, who included family, friends and a bank manager. She told investigators that loopholes in software and lax internal controls had allowed her to carry on undetected.
Ms. Walters pleaded guilty in September to wire fraud, conspiracy to commit money laundering and tax evasion..

Then there's the dc public school system.

</noscript></div></div><p>Let’s review the report card.</p><p><br></p><p>First, there was the school lunch scandal. The former food services director presented a <a href=/www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13046988/hunger-games" target="_blank">case to DCPS that its food vendor had cheated the district out of $19 million and served students rotting food. A few weeks later, then-Chancellor Kaya Henderson, in violation of ethics rules, solicited a $100,000 donation from the corporation, and its contract was later renewed.

Then there was the school discipline scandal. The much-vaunted 40 percent decrease in suspensions under Henderson’s leadership was an artifact of systemic fraud. Pressured to lower suspensions, principals simply took them off the books. At least one top-level official, Jason Kamras, was told. Either Henderson knew she was getting credit for fraudulent gains or she had no clue what was going on in her schools.

Then there was the graduation rate scandal. The much-vaunted 20 percent increase in graduation under Henderson and her successor, Antwan Wilson, was also an artifact of systemic fraud. Under pressure to increase graduation rates, principals no longer required that students attend school to receive a diploma. Either Henderson and Wilson were aware that they were getting credit for fraud or neither ever examined basic attendance data.

Then there were the nepotism scandals. Henderson let the kids of high-ranking officials cut the line to attend better schools. Wilson vowed never again, then did the same thing for his own daughter.

Just this week, a new scandal broke about widespread enrollment fraud at a prestigious high school. Officials had slow-tracked the investigation for fear of bad publicity in an election year.

How the heck can lower income black dc families make any progress when dc government (predominantly run by black progressive leaders at every level)

1. Makes them lives in environmentally dangerous and publically unsafe housing.

2. Embezzled their tax dollars for 30+ years and is still doing even under the new organisational structure.

3. Cant provide them a safe environment to learn in and lies about education reform and is cheating students out of an education

Moral bankruptcy is color blind and those who are morally corrupt find a way to take advantage of their positions..sometimes it involves racism..but not all the time.

If you elect and or select people of good reliable character and place them in positions of authority then the problems go away including police brutality.
Again, a long winded, misdirected, response that doesnt really address the issue but rather blames those who are being discriminated and that are victims of systemic racism.

To sum it up, African Americans at least those in DC are to blame negligent behavior as such they are as bad as racists, and the system really isnt racist its just that there are bad people who are running the system. All we need to do is remove the bad people. Man, I thought your basketball analyst was off.

DC government is corrupt. However, those in power did not create the problem as much as they have continued some of those problems. Second, the issue of systemic racism can't be changed by just removing the "bad" people.

As PRock stated, if you point out corruption committed by African Americans, Democrat's, etc you might be correct. However, there corruption and systemic racism can both occur independently as they most certainly do, and the fact that there are corrupt politicians that happen to be non-white doesnt justify the systemic racism that permeates every area of our society.

In short, fix DC's issue and America is still suffers from systemic racism. The what aboutism argument doesnt pass muster.

Finally, the reason systemic racism still exists has more to do with people who suggest it isn an issue and practice whataboutism than it has to do with dyed in the wool racists having an agenda.

May 19, 2015
Please run the news video of the people trying to knock out the glass walls of the John Marshall Courts Building weeks ago and tell me what group of peaceful protestors are running that event. Wow! Disgusting show, or shall I say no show from the police to allow that crazy mob with blood in their eyes ready to kill people free to attack the court building and officers protecting the building. If Stoney and Rao do not take back the City and protect our University, I doubt many folks will feel safe enough to come back downtown regardless of whether there is a basketball season.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
I’m not sure why it’s so hard to simply hold the police accountable for police brutality. Fire the cops who murder people and/or use excessive force. Press charges when necessary. I don’t know why you think bad cops will magically disappear after election days.

Last edited:

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
I remember the 60's and 70's and 80's in downtown Richmond. Hard push for sure, but man this is the worse times ever. What the fudge is wrong with people and the youth? I got accosted by a young black person (I'm white) the other day to the point I had to separate him from me by calling 911. He kept calling me a racist. Hint, I'm not a racist. poop's getting weird though. And I'm still waiting for the OP to answer my OQ or maybe that's not how people react in the Roaring 20's.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
[
Again, a long winded, misdirected, response that doesnt really address the issue but rather blames those who are being discriminated and that are victims of systemic racism.

To sum it up, African Americans at least those in DC are to blame negligent behavior as such they are as bad as racists, and the system really isnt racist its just that there are bad people who are running the system. All we need to do is remove the bad people. Man, I thought your basketball analyst was off.

DC government is corrupt. However, those in power did not create the problem as much as they have continued some of those problems. Second, the issue of systemic racism can't be changed by just removing the "bad" people.

As PRock stated, if you point out corruption committed by African Americans, Democrat's, etc you might be correct. However, there corruption and systemic racism can both occur independently as they most certainly do, and the fact that there are corrupt politicians that happen to be non-white doesnt justify the systemic racism that permeates every area of our society.

In short, fix DC's issue and America is still suffers from systemic racism. The what aboutism argument doesnt pass muster.

Finally, the reason systemic racism still exists has more to do with people who suggest it isn an issue and practice whataboutism than it has to do with dyed in the wool racists having an agenda.
It's not what about ism...racism is just one of many attributes of a morally bankrupt character..you can design the best social system. but if you put the wrong person in authority, they will corrupt

Put a decent and morally upstanding person in Derek's place, George floyd lives and we arent having this conversation

The system is never the problem. It always the people in charge.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
[

It's not what about ism...racism is just one of many attributes of a morally bankrupt character..you can design the best social system. but if you put the wrong person in authority, they will corrupt

Put a decent and morally upstanding person in Derek's place, George floyd lives and we arent having this conversation

The system is never the problem. It always the people in charge.
But Derek Chauvin wasn’t someone “in charge.” He was a police officer with a history of over-aggression on the job. He was an employee of the city hired to do a job like most regular people. People who do the hiring have no way of knowing if someone who comes in for an interview with the required qualifications is a “decent and morally upstanding person.”

What would have worked better was more transparency and a citizen review board so that Chauvin could have been put on probation after the first questionable incident and fired after the second. THEN, George Floyd wouldn’t have died the way he did.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Please run the news video of the people trying to knock out the glass walls of the John Marshall Courts Building weeks ago and tell me what group of peaceful protestors are running that event. Wow! Disgusting show, or shall I say no show from the police to allow that crazy mob with blood in their eyes ready to kill people free to attack the court building and officers protecting the building. If Stoney and Rao do not take back the City and protect our University, I doubt many folks will feel safe enough to come back downtown regardless of whether there is a basketball season.
I saw those videos. What about the half that's not told on your TV set every day and night, here.. the much larger directly involved issue, why these protestors were there and so angry. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't make for such an exciting story. As that day most of us weren't made aware, still either we aren't aware, or don't care, that there were 150 single people, couples, and families thrown out of their homes. Heartlessly evicted during a pandemic. That night there were hundreds of people sleeping on a sidewalk, with homes, many of which were public housing, suddenly emptied.Besides the myriad of downsides to living on a sidewalk, there's suddenly no way to wash hands, shower, no place/way to wear clean clothing- this could be a death sentence during this pandemic. This was after a judge coming outside telling them to "protest quieter' so he could carry out throwing hundreds of people out on the streets. This was so more of a wow moment, than that particular broken window, at least to to me. For any civilized human being with heart is also should be.
Today is/was August first, rent is due. The gov is trying to restart bans on evictions, but not sure that has worked yet. Until then, people continue to be thrown out of their homes while our politicians, hired to serve the people, dick about with whether or not to at all help people who have no source of feeding hungry slumlords their due.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
I thought the federal govt said no one could get evicted. (Might have to pay back rent).

May 19, 2015
I saw those videos. What about the half that's not told on your TV set every day and night, here.. the much larger directly involved issue, why these protestors were there and so angry. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't make for such an exciting story. As that day most of us weren't made aware, still either we aren't aware, or don't care, that there were 150 single people, couples, and families thrown out of their homes. Heartlessly evicted during a pandemic. That night there were hundreds of people sleeping on a sidewalk, with homes, many of which were public housing, suddenly emptied.Besides the myriad of downsides to living on a sidewalk, there's suddenly no way to wash hands, shower, no place/way to wear clean clothing- this could be a death sentence during this pandemic. This was after a judge coming outside telling them to "protest quieter' so he could carry out throwing hundreds of people out on the streets. This was so more of a wow moment, than that particular broken window, at least to to me. For any civilized human being with heart is also should be.
Today is/was August first, rent is due. The gov is trying to restart bans on evictions, but not sure that has worked yet. Until then, people continue to be thrown out of their homes while our politicians, hired to serve the people, dick about with whether or not to at all help people who have no source of feeding hungry slumlords their due.
MM You are not speaking about the day that I am talking about. I did not see 150 people there. I do not agree with the protestors trying to gang up on the officers to hurt them, one being a female with her hands occupied with a prisoner. The glass being broken is the least of anyone’s worries. No. There is never a time when vandalism or harm to others is justification. I don’t believe you would support that either. I also believe the protestors that were initiating the violence should be charged with a crime if they injured someone or an emergency responder. For every bad cop there are 10 good cops willing to put their lives on the line for yours just so you can get home safely. This is from first hand experience. I am sorry you have had a bad experience. I hope you give the police department another shot at serving you.