Players Time to have a conversation

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Well, if you are moving, you obviously won't have ANY problem selling, especially in the city where availability is even less than surrounding counties.

In Richmond real estate, across town, buyers are paying more for houses than sellers are asking
https://richmond.com/news/local/in-...169f3f239.html#tracking-source=home-top-story
NY and NJ are seeing huge demands for suburban real estate and a drop in city property searches. Rentals are at an all time low . Its happening here as well even though people still want to live in the city (me being one of them).

Reactions: rvaram

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
NY and NJ are seeing huge demands for suburban real estate and a drop in city property searches. Rentals are at an all time low . Its happening here as well even though people still want to live in the city (me being one of them).
Here in the DC area offers are $25k over and still losing. Rental costs are bottoming out too due to the pandemic. No one is trying to sell or move right now.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Yes true. But it's a boat load of democrats as evidenced by the demograhic voting change in Va. Texas is shifting, Florida is there in many places.
Your are right.. not conservative per say.

I was thinking they are mostly in what would be considered in the political middle and conservative relative to the progressive bent of today's democratic party.

I cant help but think that today's progressives will become tomorrow's moderates.

When you look at the boomers that protested civil rights and the Vietnam war.

They protested in their 20's, got political fatigue, parties of the ME movement in the 70's, became the yuppies in the 80's, raised families in the 80's, 90's, 20's. Gen X'ers coat tailed on boomers.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I just don't see this here. Not at all, NOT what I am seeing here on the northside metro. They're building yet another one of those highrise buildings on school and Chamberlayne, The Spectrum down the street is booming, the owner of the house next door took all of one week to rent out after a former vcu baseball coach and his wife moved out, they build a new deck and did a ton of work to it, and jacked the rent up from 1000/mo to 1400/mo.. the new couple moves in tomorrow... it's a grad student couple from northern va. And these realty goons are beating down the door to buy our house.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
I just don't see this here. Not at all, NOT what I am seeing here on the northside metro. They're building yet another one of those highrise buildings on school and Chamberlayne, The Spectrum down the street is booming, the owner of the house next door took all of one week to rent out after a former vcu baseball coach and his wife moved out, they build a new deck and did a ton of work to it, and jacked the rent up from 1000/mo to 1400/mo.. the new couple moves in tomorrow... it's a grad student couple from northern va. And these realty goons are beating down the door to buy our house.
I'm definitely rooting for this growth to keep up and have no plans of leaving the city for Henrico or *gasp* Chesterfield but I am concerned that if the city starts cutting police or raises the real estate tax any more we're going to hit a tipping point.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I'm definitely rooting for this growth to keep up and have no plans of leaving the city for Henrico or *gasp* Chesterfield but I am concerned that if the city starts cutting police or raises the real estate tax any more we're going to hit a tipping point.
There will no cutting of police numbers, here. But taking away the money they use for 50,000 dollar grenade launchers and hundred thousand on chemical bombs would be a great idea imho.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
I'm hearing that from real estate agents

Reactions: MobileMunchies
May 19, 2015
I have't said a word about Biden. If Trump wins there will be continued violence in my opinion.
If Trump loses he walks peacefully. If he loses there will likely be continued unrest from the Democrats because it has been that way throughout his term. The media has tried to crucify him and it has been a one-sided media show. Quite frankly if the Democrats believe in defunding the police and allowing the violence to take hold on the streets, we don’t have a snowballs chance in heck to survive. That is why the folks are moving from the City of Richmond which is where I grew up and called home.

May 19, 2015
A lot of yall on this thread are telling on yourselves...really...YOU ARE TELLING ON YOURSELF!

I can glem how you really feel about those who are oppressed in this country and are standing up to fight for equality.

I see how yall talk about the youth protesting in the streets for equality.

I see the support for the racist in the white house.

I see why I feel uncomfortable with a certain part of the VCU fan base.

A lot of y'all really don't have any love or respect for the young black men and women that play for this university.
Stereotyping much. Be careful who you claim do not respect black men. You are talking to a conservative who was married to man from North Africa. He passed away. You are part of the problem when people don’t think the same as you they are dirt under your feet. I may be the very person the gives you that pint of blood to live or pulls you from a burning car. You are free to vote the way you feel. SO AM I.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Our next topic will be Secretary Cleary's 2005 position paper on economic expansion in Micronesia.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Stereotyping much. Be careful who you claim do not respect black men. You are talking to a conservative who was married to man from North Africa. He passed away. You are part of the problem when people don’t think the same as you they are dirt under your feet. I may be the very person the gives you that pint of blood to live or pulls you from a burning car. You are free to vote the way you feel. SO AM I.
Very well said.