To reset or not to reset...that is the question

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
I totally agree with the sentiment of this post. There is one thing I would nitpick, though, and that is, ADs should never make a decision on retaining a coach based on "players we can't afford to lose." Athletic Directors should, in my opinion, never be that shortsighted. Either your guy is the guy you want leading your program moving forward, or he's not. Players can come and go regardless of the coach's status, so don't make a decision based on them.
In our case, I'd say losing players matters. If we were to lose another recruiting class it would be detrimental. After say 5 years with the coach and things still look grim, then sure cut bait even if it means losing players. With the amount of guys graduating this year, losing out on 2 recruiting classes in 5 years, and our freshman pg showing the most signs of life on this team, we cannot afford to lose a ton of players. I generally agree with you but 3 years is too early to tell if he's still your guy without a chance to field a team entirely of his recruits.

Reactions: CasualObserver

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm curious how you have this futuristic inside knowledge of whats to come, what will be and what is going to happen. The "if only they knew bro what we are seeing versus what they think...". Ok, I'll, I play. What are you able to see that no other, besides "bro" can see in the distant future, that the AD should be aware so that perhaps he could start negotiations for a buy-out. No kidding, I'm fascinated by your special gift you share with bro.
Apparently, he's some sort of College Basketball Savant. And in addition to that, he has inside knowledge of what is being discussed down in the athletic department. So he has been kind enough to share with us, and to let us know, so we can get comfortable with the idea...... that we are likely going to be hiring the Coach away from NC Central. You know...... that powerhouse program down in Durham. Because you know.... NCC is 5 or 6 rungs above us, as a Program. It would be an absolute coup for us to be able to finally get a real Coach - and poach theirs.

:lol: I mean.... you can't make this $h1t up. You couldn't make it up if you tried, and were getting paid for it.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
How lucky are we to have a basketball god come down from the heavens and bless the poor idiots of RamNation with their knowledge and offer to fire our coach for us?
I initially read this as "and offer us fire" and honestly I like that better. Virginia Diplomat, the Giver of Fire!

May 19, 2015
Apparently, he's some sort of College Basketball Savant. And in addition to that, he has inside knowledge of what is being discussed down in the athletic department. So he has been kind enough to share with us, and to let us know, so we can get comfortable with the idea...... that we are likely going to be hiring the Coach away from NC Central. You know...... that powerhouse program down in Durham. Because you know.... NCC is 5 or 6 rungs above us, as a Program. It would be an absolute coup for us to be able to finally get a real Coach - and poach theirs.

:lol: I mean.... you can't make this $h1t up. You couldn't make it up if you tried, and were getting paid for it.
I think the trolls are getting crazier, don't you? 🙄

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

All jokes aside, LeVelle Moton is one heck of a coach. North Carolina Central moved up to D1 in 2011 and he has since taken them to the NCAA's in 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2019. He also took them to the NIT in 2015. He has been mentioned in past coaching searches, including the NC State job prior to Kevin Keatts getting the job. It's just a matter of time before he lands a much better job.