Toibu "Tobi" Lawal

PhantomRam

Elite Member
Michigan's offense, like many big 10 offenses, heavily uses single and double screens to free their shooters coming around on curls.

Given that Brandon Johns spent 4 years in the offense, he understands how to do it properly.
Doesn't matter how good he can "roll" if our guards will not throw it to him. What I know about basketball you could fit in a thimble, but I don't think our guards have ever done a good job of hitting the roller.

Bones did too.
I don’t think we need to elaborate too much how much we sucked at throwing passes to the basket and alleyoops this year. It was borderline comical how many times we screwed up those passes. Sure Ace and Bones were good a few years ago but last year was pretty terrible. Only thing we maybe messed up more was fast breaks.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I don’t think we need to elaborate too much how much we sucked at throwing passes to the basket and alleyoops this year. It was borderline comical how many times we screwed up those passes. Sure Ace and Bones were good a few years ago but last year was pretty terrible. Only thing we maybe messed up more was fast breaks.
Bones wasn’t on the team last year, so I’m not sure how my comment had anything to do with last year.

Bones wasn’t on the team last year, so I’m not sure how my comment had anything to do with last year.
You all are going back in time talking about guards from previous years(Jequan?). I didn’t think I needed to explain I was talking about last year. I guess like Phantom I have to clarify.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
You all are going back in time talking about guards from previous years(Jequan?). I didn’t think I needed to explain I was talking about last year. I guess like Phantom I have to clarify.
I didn’t mention Jaquan. I quoted someone else and mentioned Bones.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
38.6” standing vertical would have been the best at the 2022 nba combine. This year’s best was 35.5. The jump mat is slightly different than the vertec measurement sticks, but still very close. What an athlete
I was having dinner on Saturday with friends. Michael Gilmore was with us and I asked if he had been working out the bigs. He mostly works out with the GAs but he has worked out with Lawal. His description is what I love to hear. He said...athletic, aggressive and hardworking.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
I was having dinner on Saturday with friends. Michael Gilmore was with us and I asked if he had been working out the bigs. He mostly works out with the GAs but he has worked out with Lawal. His description is what I love to hear. He said...athletic, aggressive and hardworking.
Add smart and skilled to that description and he could really be a player. Athleticism alone will get him on the court early