Toibu "Tobi" Lawal

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I think that's what they're trying in game to do, exactly that. When they finally get it down, man, it's gonna be a game winning weapon they'll work out
I prefer for them to get that timing down better in practice, which they clearly haven’t. Some of the alley oops they’ve been trying are a bit too challenging and risky.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Tobi's silhouette from the first pic should be the logo for SOMETHING, right?
Fi6PvsHUYAEmfdB

Steady improving, I expect him to start soon if Deloach can stay consistent and play like today.

Guy is so fast. Can’t wait to see what he turns into once his game catches up to his athleticism

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
Wait til Tobi puts about 10-20 on.
He doesnt need weight. He needs strength and experience. I think that was one of our biggest mistake with DJ Haley we worked so hard getting him bigger when we should have been working on his skill set and getting stronger.

Tobi needs game time and practice.

I want to see him develop an offensive game, multiple moves to the basket. Dunks are nice, they get the team and fans hyped up, especially when delivered by someone with the athleticism of Tobi. However, right now that's either all he's got or at least displayed. When we're on offense, part of or woes is offensive production, it's like we're shorthanded, because all he is is a dunk machine, no post moves, no threat otherwise.

I want to see him develop an offensive game, multiple moves to the basket. Dunks are nice, they get the team and fans hyped up, especially when delivered by someone with the athleticism of Tobi. However, right now that's either all he's got or at least displayed. When we're on offense, part of or woes is offensive production, it's like we're shorthanded, because all he is is a dunk machine, no post moves, no threat otherwise.
Exactly. This goes for all our bigs (with exception of John’s). When we think of our final four team Skeen had great footwork with an inside/outside game. It will take time to develop our bigs but they are athletic.