Toibu "Tobi" Lawal

Mr X

Elite Member
Insider
I want to see him develop an offensive game, multiple moves to the basket. Dunks are nice, they get the team and fans hyped up, especially when delivered by someone with the athleticism of Tobi. However, right now that's either all he's got or at least displayed. When we're on offense, part of or woes is offensive production, it's like we're shorthanded, because all he is is a dunk machine, no post moves, no threat otherwise.
Maybe we need a new "Big Man" coach as well if we are replacing coaches. Haven't really seen the development of big men under this regieme unless I have missed someone.

Last of my rant. The teaching moments by Coach on the sidelines after pulling a player out. To me it's like getting called out by the CEO for f'n up in a company wide meeting.

Go Rams!

VCU Heel

Elite Member
He doesnt need weight. He needs strength and experience. I think that was one of our biggest mistake with DJ Haley we worked so hard getting him bigger when we should have been working on his skill set and getting stronger.

Tobi needs game time and practice.
When a guy is already at about 8% body fat, getting stronger usually involves adding weight. He could add 10-20 pounds of muscle across his entire frame and it wouldn’t even be that noticeable.