Tone setter

Jan 30, 2010
Didn't know if anyone else saw it but before the game during Brad's ceremony, Mason(Cornelius) started on the court to disrupt. Afterwards, the teams shot for a few and when going to the bench Daniels shouldered up Cornelius looking like James Harrison KO'ing a Quarterback. After seeing that I knew Mason was in Deeeepppp trouble. Daniels just went up in my book, taking care of business and looking out for his boy Burgess- love it!!!

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Some day other teams are going to learn- You don't give this team something to ignite them.

When GMU came on the floor during the Burgess festivities, it was disrespectful. That set the tone. I think our guys were pissed, and Troy lead the way.

And when you are going to get in a players face like Troy did, you better follow up on the floor. And boy did he ever.

Thank You GMU for giving this team another reason to respond...

Sep 14, 2011
I talked about this in the endgame thread, but Cornelius' little stunt did light a fire in VCU. We romped the Patsies and it as beautiful. Too bad that little punk had to have such disrespect for another school's moment. Between the Credit Card Fraud and this BS tonight, Andre doesn't deserve an NCAA scholarship as far as I'm concerned.

artRAMinMN

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
From a tiny Acorn grows a crappy worm-ridden oak.

I was kinda hoping that Reco might get sent in to deliver an emphatic message ... probably good I didn't get my wish... high road is better, but... :twisted:

SumRamGoodBball

Top Member
Jan 26, 2010
I like how in Bradford's postgame interview on Ram Radio, when asked about the pregame disrespect, he simply said Coach told them not to talk about it. That display, coupled with the overall thuggery (technicals/flagrant) during the game, gives me the feeling the Rams wouldn't need any extra motivation with a possible rematch in the tournament.

fmrick

Top Member
Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Last night the lead story about this game on Comcast Sports was the coming on the court by GMU while VCU was honoring Burgess. So it is not just us, others saw it for what it was to.

So Shaka said not to talk about it. Well, did our talking on the court. Where it matters.

Jan 1, 2010
You would think/hope that GMU coach will be pressured into dishing out some form of punishment.
Should have stopped it before it started! That makes him just as accountable!

Apr 19, 2009
I wouldn't put this just on AC. When I was watching them, they were stopped and Mo and Pearson kept waving and telling the team to go. Whoever was in front seemed to not want to go.

AllNet

Top Member
Insider
Mar 13, 2011
That's right!! VCU takes care of business "on the court".
What we saw last night was the gap between the Contenders and Pretenders play out right in front of us.
Pre-game nonsense, in game jitters and lack of composure. It takes more than a lot of "wannabe" to get the job done against the Rams.