Tough loss

MarylandRamFan

Top Member
Feb 18, 2018
We had our chances for sure. Any number of ways we could have won.
Evans needs to get his game under control. He also needs to take the chip off his shoulder. Just because an opponent made a good play against you, doesn't mean you have to get even on the next possession. Calm down, and get your revenge by helping the team score.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
We made mistakes, but Evans should have shot three free throws at the end. Even one of them would have tied and sent us to double over time. It’s difficult to get past a loss that could have been a win. Totally unfair to the players and the game itself. Those refs called EVERY OTHER POSSIBLE FOUL except the one that mattered most. Imagine playing hard for more than two hours and having the game completely stolen from you by refs who are supposed to judge the game equitably. Awful.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Why don’t we quit throwing our players under the bus and talk about some great performances tonight. Isaac Vann was fantastic. Jenkins broke out of his slump. Sure, we made mistakes tonight, so did the other team and so did the refs.
This. Vann is the mvp of this team. Jenkins with a great 2nd half. Also Crowfield is the unsung hero onon th team. Wish Crow got minutes at the end. And I cannot forget Simms. That guy is a straight baller. Everyone else will progress and get better. We aren't finishing 7th in the A10. I fell in love with this team tonight.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
No to mention Simms getting called for a foul on what was clearly a moving screen. And the guy kicking the ball out of bounds but they get the ball back. Still, make a couple of free throws and turnover the ball less and it’s a victory! We can learn from it and get better.

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
I don't know if it was the turnovers, or the OT loss, or the refs, or the missed free throws, or how easy this game would have been to win if they just played slightly less terrible, or the missed call at the end, or Ponds' permanent smirk... But this game really effing pissed me off.

I'm going to sleep. Can't deal with this right now .

isthisthedagger

Top Member
Oct 29, 2014
That game would have been huge for our NCAAT chances, and it was taken from us. You can't say "oh, there were missed calls on both sides" or "we had 22 turnovers". The fact is the refs swallowed their whistles in the most important moment of the game because they didn't want to "decide" the outcome. Sorry but that's just not good enough. That's an egregious missed call and I'm not going to sit here and say "oh well should have just played better." SJU could've played better too. The teams played the way they did and the officiating determined the outcome.

artRAMinMN

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Of course coming close, but just short, is frustrating, especially when it seems that only a few if/onlys could have tipped the balance, but that's the price of the venture. If you dont want the risk, watch the Globetrotters.