Tournament affected by the corona virus?

Feb 24, 2020
There is a real risk now with the Ivy League canceling their tournament that the A10 might follow suite. More realistically, you may see a situation where the tournament is played, but without any fans. If that happens that will be extremely disappointing for VCU fans that are already in NYC. I wonder if fans aren't allowed if the A10 will fully refund fans for their tickets? I know hotels in the area are allowing guest to cancel reservations and are getting full refunds.

Reactions: AnnuitCoeptis

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
Feb 24, 2020
The band and spirit squads will also not be attending any events this year outside of the game and Today Show bus.

I, for one, am ready for the trip to NYC. Got my half mask respirator with extra cartages, safety glasses, and plenty of nitrile gloves...
My fear is that they aren't going to let fans in to watch. That has been talked about as an alternative to outright canceling the tournament.

Dec 5, 2013
All I was pointing out is the paranoia. And crazy people on Twitter is much different from real professional journalists with access to AF1.
You're right. Sorry I got all into it. Just really really tired of opinion hit pieces. I'm a scientist and it drives me up the wall.

I'm not even a republican ffs but I keep having to "defend" Trump (even though I'm really just criticizing journalists and/or the article itself).

Reactions: PRock and LQuarles

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
My fear is that they aren't going to let fans in to watch. That has been talked about as an alternative to outright canceling the tournament.
If that were to happen and they at lest let the bands in, it could be an advantage if we make it to Friday (as I think we should). During the WBB Championship game on Sunday, our band was way louder and rambunctious then dayton's band as we were all about the cheering and supporting the team. All they had was duffel bags of hats for their choreographed movements, juice boxes, and bags of chips...

Reactions: SpiderRAM

artRAMinMN

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
The road we need to travel to get through this with as little harm as possible has guardrails on both sides. Panicked overreaction on one side, and blase under-reaction on the other. Tagging either side isn't good.

SpiderRAM

Insider
Aug 17, 2014
If that were to happen and they at lest let the bands in, it could be an advantage if we make it to Friday (as I think we should). During the WBB Championship game on Sunday, our band was way louder and rambunctious then dayton's band as we were all about the cheering and supporting the team. All they had was duffel bags of hats for their choreographed movements, juice boxes, and bags of chips...
I saw a few videos of the PEPPAS at the WBB Tournament. Looked and sounded SO GREAT!!!!

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
Well now i am curious
I read it, you're not missing anything.

It was all about how @BracketForecast uses the Occult rituals that were passed down to him by fell Rams in sacrificing small watches upon the alter whilst chanting V - C - U, bringing up the knife before the fatal blow in preparation for the war on Thursday...

...you should see what's being done against the fight of the virus of the crown...

-j/k

Feb 14, 2011
Maybe another alternative is to cancel twitter for a couple of weeks. At least basketball fans have at least part of a brain and some common sense.

Reactions: RamStrut