Tournament affected by the corona virus?

Goop

Top Member
Nov 27, 2010
Buddy of mine just Said he’s heard rumors of a big meeting tomorrow with A10 ads could be happening tomorrow.... be prepared
If they wait til the last minute to cancel or restrict fans, there’s gonna be a lot of pissed off fans. They’ve had to had discussions about this scenario before now.

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

IForgotTheAlamo

Top Member
Feb 8, 2012
If they wait til the last minute to cancel or restrict fans, there’s gonna be a lot of pissed off fans. They’ve had to had discussions about this scenario before now.
The only thing that concerns me is the "fluid situation" verbiage. It would be insane for them to restrict any fans from attending at this point, but doesn't mean they won't do it anyway...ugh.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.28.27 PM.png

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

Goop

Top Member
Nov 27, 2010
The only thing that concerns me is the "fluid situation" verbiage. It would be insane for them to restrict any fans from attending at this point, but doesn't mean they won't do it anyway...ugh.

View attachment 8256
I just wish VCU or the conference would put something out, regardless of what they decide. I appreciate you sharing that tidbit of info.

Goop

Top Member
Nov 27, 2010
I wonder if the A10 leadership has been in contact with the Big East? Seems if one of them makes a decision one way or another, it would put pressure on the other to do the same.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
I personally think that the low number of presales also impacted the Alumni events. Thursday numbers are always lower, our team has struggled and are hurt, and many folks have travel plans that make even arriving by game time nearly impossible. I plan to be in Brooklyn , just not in time for pregame. I plan to be there for the postgame victory parties on Thursday afternoon and evening and watering holes will all become Ramnation !
incomplete data , we have no idea how may are infected This doesn’t compare to SARS or neuro virus at this point. If it hadn’t effected manufacturing and the supply chain we would t be talking about it as much. Just be clean And also tell the folks overseas to stop eating bat livers and such that carry disease.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
t
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" so you are saying that this is the complete and exclusive list of fundamental rights! Wow
Wow back. Read that quote and digest what it entails. Nobody is talking about denying access. Not going to come back to this topic on a basketball thread.

As to basketball, we have a right to play the game but we have to earn the victory nobody is going to do all the work and give us the win.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

artRAMinMN

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Seeing reporting that suggests that tomorrow Washington State will restrict gatherings over 250 people... unclear if whole state, or just Seattle area. Spokane is a first round site.

Edit - seeing it specifically mention it being for the Seattle area, so Spokane not involved, yet anyway

Last edited:

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ok-I'll bite. How much is the pay per view on this one. I'm ready to pay to see what the heck you are talking about. This has got to be better than what I'm watching on TV.:lol:
One must set the watch to one minute past two, the time upon which we shall claim our victory comest Thursday against the wretched Minutemen of North, before thy knife piercing its case. This, of course, must be proceeded by the ritual sacrifice to the virus of the crown (Corona being crownlike) by emptying vast quantities of the sacred nectar from Mexico in its pale bubbly form, ideally with a lime...

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
What if they cancel the A10 tourney.....that means now it would have been TWICE, 2 TIMESSSSSS, that Dayton has cut the nets early hehehehehe.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

ramband

Insider
Apr 19, 2009
Regards to Dayton -

that's a lot of money to walk away from if they tell there potential 1 seed basketball team they can't travel.

apparently they had a large contingent of students rioting when they broke the news of the campus shut down last night.

BigTimeRamFan

Top Member
Jan 4, 2011
MARCH MADNESS is the perfect vehicle to spread the Coronavirus exponentially all around the country. The arenas are a giant petri dish. Be careful in Brooklyn Ramnation! My seventh visit to Brooklyn will have to wait until next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: SZQ VCU

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
This is the first of six years that I won't be making the trip to the A10 tourney. :( I have a new baby we can't leave and don't want to take to NYC, ESPECIALLY w/ Corona concerns. Sad to miss it, and I hope the team doesn't think lack of attendance/in-arena support is all because of the losses. If you CAN go, GO.