Tournament affected by the corona virus?

waterssr

Top Member
Aug 15, 2012
1-3% is more than .08%.

WTF are you talking about.
You said the "overblown" swine flu earlier as if I was wrong that it wasn't a big deal. .08% is obviously nothing compared to the over-projected 1-3% which is what was stated above. I would wager the overreaction on coronavirus is in-line with the overblown swine flu. Try to keep up.

Aug 7, 2012
You said the "overblown" swine flu earlier as if I was wrong that it wasn't a big deal. .08% is obviously nothing compared to the over-projected 1-3% which is what was stated above. I would wager the coronavirus is in-line with the overblown swine flu. Try to keep up.
Wager all you want. Wager with your life. You’re clearly one of the idiots that thinks this is a hoax. Nothing will be lost if you lose your wager.

waterssr

Top Member
Aug 15, 2012
Wager all you want. Wager with your life. You’re clearly one of the idiots that thinks this is a hoax. Nothing will be lost if you lose your wager.
Neat, spread whatever hysteria you'd like. I will continue to take the precautions that I always take and I will see everyone for the season next year.

Reactions: VRam

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Hopefully, in the future, with hindsight, people will still have the luxury of thinking of these measures as overreactions. That would be great.
I'm actually rather more worried it becomes endemic than anything else. That would just be awesome.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
I think the idea is that, over time/exposure, those who survive, gain immunity.. plusit buys time for therapies to be developed
Right. Even if it becomes a known quantity, that's certainly better than what we're dealing with now. Getting to that point doesn't seem like it's going to be a good time, though.

May 1, 2009
So what is the precaution? Everyone stays home for a couple months?

Also, how does this compare to the overblown swine flu?
At least in the US, the Swine flu death rate is about 5 times lower than the common flu (influenza) - 61 million infected and 12.5K deaths (swine/2009) vs 35.5 million infected with 34K deaths (influenza/2018). That makes COVID-19 about 175 times more deadly than swine and 35 times more deadly than Influenza. At least that is based on the 3.5% death rate of Covid-19 at this stage of the infection as determined by actual medical testing of those with the viral infection.

Reactions: RamStrut