Tournament affected by the corona virus?

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Yeah I can't begin to understand why cancelling the 2009 Tournament was never even a conversation with an outbreak of Swine Flu where literally thousands had died here in the US
Swine flu didn't exist because CNN and FOX didn't talk about it much.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Hey! Great thing about this is that you can't miss a tournament that isn't happening. Seriously this stuff is way out of hand now. Scorched earth for 5 or 600 people with the flu. Entire economies and markets blasted into smoking holes in the ground. Thank your local 24 hour news channel for all of this. You'd think Ebola or Smallpox was coming...
Dude when experts predict that at least 30% of your population will become infected with about 3-4% dead. You sure had better thank your local 24 hour news channel.

China is at a stand still and the supply chain is crushed right now. Fwiw, it 133440 diagnosed with 4961 dead or about 3.71% This aint the flu friend. You have shots, and treatment for the flu and the mortality rate is much, much lower. New scary there are people who have perished that may have had COVID-19 but misdiagnosed with flu. They dont go back and test the dead as the kits are too valuable.

Its sad but sports are sports. Life is more important.

AnnuitCoeptis

Top Member
Feb 22, 2014
Hey! Great thing about this is that you can't miss a tournament that isn't happening. Seriously this stuff is way out of hand now. Scorched earth for 5 or 600 people with the flu. Entire economies and markets blasted into smoking holes in the ground. Thank your local 24 hour news channel for all of this. You'd think Ebola or Smallpox was coming...
You don't read much do you?

Aug 7, 2012
I could see it happening. It garner interest and some feel good stories, with little to nothing lost.

Give it to everyone. Seriously, wheres the harm in a one off extension of eligibility. If they had canceled the whole season, would y’all have the same problems with extending eligibility? How about 1 game into the season they canceled the remaining season. If it’s helpful, just think about this like you would a medical redshirt
Medical redshirts aren’t given to kids after they’ve played an entire season but missed out on the postseason.

Reactions: HBK

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

currently enough COVID-19 tests in 78 public health labs across the country to diagnose 75,000 cases of the virus. More capacity will be expected in the next 2 weeks as commercial labs begin to offer their own tests.

In other COVID-19 developments, two new studies provide more information on the incubation and spread of the disease.

In a study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, researchers at Johns Hopkins found a median incubation period for COVID-19 of 5.1 days—similar to that of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

The Johns Hopkins study used news reports and press releases to analyze the demographics and dates and times of possible exposure, emergence of symptoms, fever onset, and hospitalization of 181 patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection outside Hubei province, China, from Jan 4 to Feb 24.

The researchers estimated the median incubation period at 5.1 days. They also found that 97.5 percent of patients who have symptoms do so within 11.5 days of infection.

In another study, the researchers said the virus can be spread before it causes symptoms, when it produces symptoms like those of the common cold, and as many as 12 days after recovery. They posted a virologic analysis of nine infected patients published today on the preprint server medRx

rf1

Aug 30, 2014
A ref that just recently worked the CAA Men's Basketball Tournament has tested positive for COVID-19. This is just one of the many reasons that made having games continue, even without spectators, not worth the risk.

Breaking: College Basketball Official Tests Positive For Coronavirus

Reactions: SpiderRAM

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Can't imagine that happening. Imagine being an underclassman who sees PT snatched away from him because the sr who refuses to leave takes it back

MM, you doing ok? Business must be staggering under this.
TY for thinking of us, NM! Preparing to head back to our spot come Monday, unless we decide on the following Monday.
I'm a former hospital employee who is professionally trained in infection control, a certified sersafe food handler, recipient of the wwbt12 award for a quarter century of clean health inspections, and am a clean nut. I wear disposable gloves anywhere and everywhere I go. So we're letting people know our job involves a one way direction of food and drink, the food has been developed and specifically designed to boost immune systems, incredibly unique and yummy, and VERY affordable. We've got plenty of parking spots where we set up with classes out.. with a PM to our fcebook page we'll even run it to your car where you park. We're an ideal spot to get your yummies on.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
TY for thinking of us, NM! Preparing to head back to our spot come Monday, unless we decide on the following Monday.
I'm a former hospital employee who is professionally trained in infection control, a certified sersafe food handler, recipient of the wwbt12 award for a quarter century of clean health inspections, and am a clean nut. I wear disposable gloves anywhere and everywhere I go. So we're letting people know our job involves a one way direction of food and drink, the food has been developed and specifically designed to boost immune systems, incredibly unique and yummy, and VERY affordable. We've got plenty of parking spots where we set up with classes out.. with a PM to our fcebook page we'll even run it to your car where you park. We're an ideal spot to get your yummies on.
Stuff like this has a disproportionate impact on (very) small businesses. Hope you two can ride it out without too much disruption. I hope people can have some sense of proportion about all this. It is very serious -- deadly even -- but it can't take over our lives.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Can't imagine that happening. Imagine being an underclassman who sees PT snatched away from him because the sr who refuses to leave takes it back
Agree. And do you then give all those underclassmen an extra year for the year they “lost” waiting again behind seniors, and so on? Where does it end? This would be a huge cluster. It’s an emotional response. Just cut the losses and move forward. It’s unfortunate, but life’s not fair.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011