Tournament affected by the corona virus?

artRAMinMN

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
The thing about half-measures and ginned up ad hoc solutions is that they would probably keep insurance coverage from paying out for some of these losses.

Reactions: PRock

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
The thing about half-measures and ginned up ad hoc solutions is that they would probably keep insurance coverage from paying out for some of these losses.
Interesting. They definitely won’t do any weird solutions if it waives insurance coverage.

RamDaddio

Top Member
Apr 18, 2015
Agree. And do you then give all those underclassmen an extra year for the year they “lost” waiting again behind seniors, and so on? Where does it end? This would be a huge cluster. It’s an emotional response. Just cut the losses and move forward. It’s unfortunate, but life’s not fair.
Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and chalk it up to bad luck. I hate it for them, but it had to be done.

Reactions: SWV

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and chalk it up to bad luck. I hate it for them, but it had to be done.
Yeah, I agree. Too many things to consider. And if we’re going for fair, seems immensely unfair to the underclassmen and incoming recruits.

Reactions: Bridgewater83

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
This epidemic is NOT going to go away by next Tuesday. There is absolutely no excuse for the NCAA to be dragging their a$$ after every major conference with a scheduled conference tournament this weekend has cancelled their tournament.
Of course, it won’t be gone by next Tuesday. If you run a company and the majority of your revenue came from one event, then you’d probably hold out as long as possible before canceling it. If every school had been willing to play in an empty arena, then it would probably still be on. Once blue bloods like Duke and Kansas bowed out, they had no choice. Ultimately, they did the right thing, but that’s easier for us to say. We don’t have over 50% of our revenue at stake.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Stuff like this has a disproportionate impact on (very) small businesses. Hope you two can ride it out without too much disruption. I hope people can have some sense of proportion about all this. It is very serious -- deadly even -- but it can't take over our lives.
Support your small business owner whenever given the opportunity. They work so very hard out of love for what they do. Now, more than ever, they truly need us! MM and his life partner make fantastic food and drink so if you’re going out to grab lunch and you see the “life mobile” stop by and get some food, your stomach will thank you!!!!

artRAMinMN

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Apparently an official in the CAA tested positive.... ref i think, but not 100% clear in the blurb

Reactions: SWV

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Support your small business owner whenever given the opportunity. They work so very hard out of love for what they do. Now, more than ever, they truly need us! MM and his life partner make fantastic food and drink so if you’re going out to grab lunch and you see the “life mobile” stop by and get some food, your stomach will thank you!!!!
I tried to support Food Lion today by buying toilet paper and they were out. :shock:

• Sad
Reactions: SpiderRAM

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Apparently an official in the CAA tested positive.... ref i think, but not 100% clear in the blurb
Yes, not clear if ref or some other official, but they didn’t show symptoms until 72 hours after the game he worked.

May 4, 2012
Oh man! Not the off season! It's ugly most years in hear, but this one's going to set a new standard for cannibalism.
I wouldnt be surprised.
Everybody needs to manage expectations for next year bearing in mind we will be young. And realize Rhoades isnt going anywhete for years.
Now, the assistants are another story. Maybe get some D1 assistants this time ?

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
It’s more than that. Producing tens of millions of doses won’t happen overnight (billions when you’re looking worldwide). I imagine they’ll be made available first to providers and the most vulnerable, but it’s going to take time. heck, were having trouble producing test kits and thats much easier.
small update that confirms pretty much what both of us posted:

Chinese officials say they’ll have a coronavirus vaccine ready next month for emergency situations and clinical trials.

Eight institutes in the country are working on five approaches to inoculations in an effort to combat COVID-19, according to the South China Morning Post. The contagious illness has sickened more than 118,000 people and killed at least 4,200 worldwide, mostly in mainland China, as of Tuesday afternoon.

“According to our estimates, we are hopeful that in April some of the vaccines will enter clinical research or be of use in emergency situations,” Zheng Zhongwei, director of the National Health Commission’s Science and Technology Development Center, said Friday.

While it would take at least 12 to 18 months to ensure the vaccines are safe for the general public, under Chinese law, they can be deployed earlier for urgent use in a major public health emergency, as long as the benefits outweigh the risks.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
No because the H1N1 only had about a less than 1% mortality rate and we had some idea how to combat it. Plus the symptoms weren't as bad. This isn the same but hey think it is and dont take precautions. We'll see.
If everyone had been tested you'd see the same result as S Korea. Under 1%...Looks like I'm the most quoted dude here today!

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Dude when experts predict that at least 30% of your population will become infected with about 3-4% dead. You sure had better thank your local 24 hour news channel.

China is at a stand still and the supply chain is crushed right now. Fwiw, it 133440 diagnosed with 4961 dead or about 3.71% This aint the flu friend. You have shots, and treatment for the flu and the mortality rate is much, much lower. New scary there are people who have perished that may have had COVID-19 but misdiagnosed with flu. They dont go back and test the dead as the kits are too valuable.

Its sad but sports are sports. Life is more important.
I'll believe it when I see it. We've got under 500 out of 350 million dead. China has 4x as many people as we do. Do the numbers on that one.

It is the flu. Most all flus are a version of the Coronavirus. Slam me for not being in a panic and buying a gross of toilet paper in case I get the urge to go 10x more than I usually do. If I say I'm not worried, who are you to tell me I should be? Why should I be? Because the TV says I should be. I'm intelligent enough to think for myself thank you. Now leave me alone. My opinion is as valuable as is yours or anyone else's here.

How many people in RVA infected by this ultra scary bug? I could look it up but I'm sure that rammad will do it for me...I don't think we have any here in Dallas (multiples of times larger than RVA)...

I do look at the positive though. My commute is an absolute dream this week. Maybe everyone will work from home for the next year or so and make my life easier. And, we officially didn't miss the tournament because it's not happening. Two less things...

Let's eat our own! The time is here!

Last edited: