Tournament affected by the corona virus?

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I'll believe it when I see it. We've got under 500 out of 350 million dead. China has 4x as many people as we do. Do the numbers on that one.

It is the flu. Most all flus are a version of the Coronavirus. Slam me for not being in a panic and buying a gross of toilet paper in case I get the urge to go 10x more than I usually do. If I say I'm not worried, who are you to tell me I should be? Why should I be? Because the TV says I should be. I'm intelligent enough to think for myself thank you. Now leave me alone. My opinion is as valuable as is yours or anyone else's here.

How many people in RVA infected by this ultra scary bug? I could look it up but I'm sure that rammad will do it for me...I don't think we have any here in Dallas (multiples of times larger than RVA)...

I do look at the positive though. My commute is an absolute dream this week. Maybe everyone will work from home for the next year or so and make my life easier. And, we officially didn't miss the tournament because it's not happening. Two less things...

Let's eat our own! The time is here!
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Really? For thinking for myself while not allowing myself to be told how to think? When RVA is overrun I'll be a believer. That's not going to happen. Bash me. It's off-season. That's what we do here. BTW, nice scary graph showing a really slim shade of grey on the bottom which looks pretty close to zero as compared to the big red thing. But seriously. One things a real indicator of what's really going on. Starbucks in China now has all their stores open. That's my indicator. Everyone has to have their coffee. When Starbucks closes all their stores again I'll be a believer.

You are fresh out of Brackets to Forecast...

Last edited:
Reactions: danram90
May 4, 2012
Really? For thinking for myself while not allowing myself to be told how to think? When RVA is overrun I'll be a believer. That's not going to happen. Bash me. It's off-season. That's what we do here. BTW, nice scary graph showing a really slim shade of grey on the bottom which looks pretty close to zero as compared to the big red thing. But seriously. One things a real indicator of what's really going on. Starbucks in China now has all their stores open. That's my indicator. Everyone has to have their coffee. When Starbucks closes all their stores again I'll be a believer.

You are fresh out of Brackets to Forecast...
1200 cases 36 dead (20 from the same nursing home in Wash.St)
Yes its a serious disease and yes these numbers will grow.

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
1200 cases 36 dead (20 from the same nursing home in Wash.St)
Yes its a serious disease and yes these numbers will grow.
No doubt. They will go up and to expect anything less would be foolhardy. Going up from almost nothing is easy.

Still doesn't affect me or the vast majority of the american people nor will it. I'm not at all worried about anything but the panic gripping the country. The result of the cure will be vastly more damaging than the thing it's intended to cure. You are already feeling it and this effect will get way worse than the disease.

The country is going scorched earth so fast that we're all going to feel the burn for years. My only point is that I think (and it's my opinion-please don't hate me) that we as a country are cutting off our arms to save our fingers. Only my opinion based on what I see. Last word on this subject.

Does basketball still exist? That's why I'm usually here.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Man, really feel bad for Dayton. What a team and what a season they had. Just gut-wrenching.
I also feel really, really bad for fur. Just imagine, after years of mediocre stagnation, you finally have your once-in-a-decade chance at the tournament, and then it's gone. I can only they hope take this opportunity to reward Mooney with an extension through 2032.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Agree. And do you then give all those underclassmen an extra year for the year they “lost” waiting again behind seniors, and so on? Where does it end? This would be a huge cluster. It’s an emotional response. Just cut the losses and move forward. It’s unfortunate, but life’s not fair.
I’ve been wanting to post but can’t keep up due to stuff. Others have said the same sort of thing too; this you’ve said for me.
cheers bd thank you :)