Tournament affected by the corona virus?

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
<============ Smack the Kat!
The most quoted people on this website are always either the ones who make the most cogent, thoughtful comments, and those who make the least.
I'm posting thoughtful comments. Just not the ones that agree with yours. Have you lost the ability to deal with those who disagree with you? Hope not. It's a terrible way to live and leads to a lot of frustration. Frustration sucks and it leads quickly to anger which no one needs.

I for one am one happy friggin camper every single day I wake up breathing and I intend to keep it that way.

Last edited:
May 19, 2015
<============ Smack the Kat!

I'm posting thoughtful comments. Just not the ones that agree with yours. Have you lost the ability to deal with those who disagree with you? Hope not. It's a terrible way to live and leads to a lot of frustration. Frustration sucks and it leads quickly to anger which no one needs.

I for one am one happy friggin camper every single day I wake up breathing and I intend to keep it that way.
No worries my friend. Everyone is overwhelmed by many life-altering issues and challenges. We all need to take it easy on each other right now. We are RAMILY. I forgot which posters dislike my use of this endearing reference, but, I'm going to use it anyway because it is a good time to bring everyone on here together.

Dec 8, 2011
I'll say this...yesterday and today were two of the most bizarre, unreal, surreal days I can ever remember. I didnt go to Brooklyn (or any other tournament for that matter), but it was absolutely beyond unprecedented to hear in real time that each conference was going to play their tournament with no fans in attendance, then today canceling the remainder of their tournament..then obviously when the NCAA took the unprecedented step of cancelling March Madness altogether..its been two days that none of us will ever forget. Two days that can only really be associated with darkness. I hope that nothing like this ever happens again..what a nightmare for so many people, whether the players, coaches, families and friends, or even just fans like us. I cant think of a day in sports history that will go down with such a dark cloud over it, that caused sadness for so many.

Tomorrow is a new day..and I cant wait for it. Be well, everyone.

May 19, 2015
I'll say this...yesterday and today were two of the most bizarre, unreal, surreal days I can ever remember. I didnt go to Brooklyn (or any other tournament for that matter), but it was absolutely beyond unprecedented to hear in real time that each conference was going to play their tournament with no fans in attendance, then today canceling the remainder of their tournament..then obviously when the NCAA took the unprecedented step of cancelling March Madness altogether..its been two days that none of us will ever forget. Two days that can only really be associated with darkness. I hope that nothing like this ever happens again..what a nightmare for so many people, whether the players, coaches, families and friends, or even just fans like us. I cant think of a day in sports history that will go down with such a dark cloud over it, that caused sadness for so many.

Tomorrow is a new day..and I cant wait for it. Be well, everyone.
Your words just gave me chills.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
They would have done some serious damage in March Madness..wanted so badly to see them become the first mid-major in the P5 era to win it all.
About to take a stroll to their board, hope it's not too big of a meltdown over there.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Really? For thinking for myself while not allowing myself to be told how to think? When RVA is overrun I'll be a believer. That's not going to happen. Bash me. It's off-season. That's what we do here. BTW, nice scary graph showing a really slim shade of grey on the bottom which looks pretty close to zero as compared to the big red thing. But seriously. One things a real indicator of what's really going on. Starbucks in China now has all their stores open. That's my indicator. Everyone has to have their coffee. When Starbucks closes all their stores again I'll be a believer.

You are fresh out of Brackets to Forecast...
The goal is to keep RVA from being overrun. The Chinese built a hospital in a week, they locked down entire cities. It's different here and in order to protect the old folks (you may be one of them 😉) and those with compromised immune systems we all need to do our part to not spread this shi.t around.

Hopefully all these precautions make a difference and all the Yahoo's will be saying "see it was nothing" a month from now.

Dec 8, 2011
No, my friend, we don’t. Moved here 30 years ago after receiving two degrees at VCU, and playing in the pep band for those awesome mid-80s teams. Lots of fellow alum here, especially in the arts. There are things we miss about Richmond, for sure. But NYC is an amazing place to live and raise a family.
So jealous...I love NYC and dont get there often enough. Very photogenic city too.

Reactions: 86ramband

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
In case anyone wants to watch Anthony Grant is about to be on SportsCenter talking about this season and of course how the season ended so abruptly and such