Tournament affected by the corona virus?

May 19, 2015
You can get $ back if you bought tournament tickets through VCU and $$ back from Marriott if cancel before 5 pm tomorrow. Again, something has to be going on behind the scenes

per facebook
Honestly, I'm curious, like what do you think is going on behind the scenes. People at my office have cancelled every one of their vacations that were planned within the next 30 to 45 days. One was scheduled in Washington St, New York, Caribbean and Atlantic City. Folks are panicking. Whether there is cause to do so is not for me to judge, however, people are scared so I suspect many people have canceled their trip to New York.

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA

beachmom

Top Member
Aug 12, 2016
For the first time in 4 years, we are not going to the tournament but has nothing to do with the virus. VCU canceled the bus which we found so convenient last year. We then checked Amtrak and flights but cost and/or schedule didn’t work. We hate driving in N.Y. so that was really not an option but bummed about not being there. We also are scheduled to fly to Italy on April 1 but looks like that’s not happening either. And that has everything to do with coronavirus. Que sera, sera

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
yeah.. but that's any beverage...I am talking about people afraid to buy a new 6 pack of corona beer and catching the virus...because they think corona virus came from the beer :shock:
Yeah, that's just crazy talk. I remember when I went to the Canary Islands and took an island tour and found out there isn't a single canary on the island. The same thing is true about the Virgin Islands -no canaries there either.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Yeah, that's just crazy talk. I remember when I went to the Canary Islands and took an island tour and found out there isn't a single canary on the island. The same thing is true about the Virgin Islands -no canaries there either.
There are fat virgins on Virgin Gorda though.

EDIT: there's used to be.

Last edited:

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Since when has that been a fundamental right? "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" and fundamental rights. I am not arguing politics and healthcare, just wonder how and when this became a fundamental right?
Good to know you're not arguing politics.

On a related note, I'm not here to argue about literature, but I do think that One Hundred Years of Solitude is the most important novel written in the 20th century.

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013
Italy is a very geographically pretty easy to police. They can shut down the interstates using troops and the police can monitor the cities. It won't be perfect but it can work. Fwiw, they will still be allowed to shop for food and other durable goods.
Except for the fact that this is Italy and word leaked out in advance which resulted in a massive movement of people before it was put into effect.

Mar 2, 2014
Just heard from a co-worker and also a friend of mine that some of the colleges up north are not letting the students come back after spring break and will be going remote.