Recruiting Transfer Market

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Rhetorical Question. Whom would we replace from the replacing from remaining small fowards on last year's roster?

Vince Wiliams, Jamir Watkins, Mikeal Brown Jones?

I would not trade any of them for coleman.

Hason Ward? No way.
I wouldn’t replace any of them (and have never indicated that I would), though I think Coleman would be more in competition at the PF position with Stockard, Nichols, MBJ, and Deloach. He’s more of a PF now and Williams and Watkins are more of SF.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
I wouldn’t replace any of them (and have never indicated that I would), though I think Coleman would be more in competition at the PF position with Stockard, Nichols, MBJ, and Deloach. He’s more of a PF now and Williams and Watkins are more of SF.

I know you would not. ;)...like i said...more.of a rhetorical question...I love our roster now

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
So if he got an academic scholarship then he would walk on? So, does the 13 scholarship limit (excluding this year's senior extra year) not include those on an academic scholarship?
Who was playing in front of Coleman at Duke to limit his minutes on the court and 1.1 ppg?
I don't know, don't watch Duke hoops. Whatever Duke was doing it obviously wasn't working for them, so that's a hard call alltogether.

2021-04-23_000134.jpg
I just know people are saying that as a freshman there his minutes were for whatever reason, limited. 5 minutes per game is slighting the young man, far from a chance to test, nor realize his potential. But when I saw him in HS, he could only be described by anyone who saw him, as overachieving. Not to slight Bacot, but I'm not the only one who went to and left seeing him play, blown away at Coleman's performance, and envious at whoever was gonna get him on their squad.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
If he wants to be here and the staff wants him here then I'm sure everyone involved will find a way to make it work. I did, however, do my due diligence on the matter and confirmed that Henry Coleman and Brent Scott both follow each other on twitter.
That's a wink at this point

Reactions: rskills

JDI

Insider
Apr 20, 2009
So if he got an academic scholarship then he would walk on? So, does the 13 scholarship limit (excluding this year's senior extra year) not include those on an academic scholarship?
Who was playing in front of Coleman at Duke to limit his minutes on the court and 1.1 ppg?
Believe any type of financial support from VCU would be counted against the scholarship limit.

Reactions: PRock

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I don't know, don't watch Duke hoops. Whatever Duke was doing it obviously wasn't working for them, so that's a hard call alltogether.

View attachment 9501
I just know people are saying that as a freshman there his minutes were for whatever reason, limited. 5 minutes per game is slighting the young man, far from a chance to test, nor realize his potential. But when I saw him in HS, he could only be described by anyone who saw him, as overachieving. Not to slight Bacot, but I'm not the only one who went to and left seeing him play, blown away at Coleman's performance, and envious at whoever was gonna get him on their squad.
Seems about right. I had a conversation with Kenny Williams’ dad a couple of years ago (in a chance encounter) and he spoke very highly of Henry Coleman. I won’t speculate on how we could get him here, but if he does transfer here I will be very happy to have him.

Reactions: MobileMunchies