Recruiting Transfer Market

BGDragoon80

Insider

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Not sure why. 6 ft 6 SF spot. With Watkins returning, Kern here and Billups coming in we are pretty stocked at his position.
The question for me is MacAllister. Will he be well enough to play next year? Outside of Vince, none of our 3's are agressive and strong enough to drive and get a bucket thru contact (either "and 1" , a layup, or get Ft's) on a consistent basis. Only MacAllister has shown that ability.

BGDragoon80

Insider
The question for me is MacAllister. Will he be well enough to play next year? Outside of Vince, none of our 3's are agressive and strong enough to drive and get a bucket thru contact (either "and 1" , a layup, or get Ft's) on a consistent basis. Only MacAllister has shown that ability.
I definitely understand your concern about Mac. Jamir showed the ability to attack the rim. If memory serves me correctly, he attacked the rim in the PSU game in his freshman year at the end of the game, through contact and scored. If Kern has a year of weight training with Roose, he has shown flashes of not being afraid to mix it up and attack the rim and score.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Has he? 112 minutes played in his career with a grand total of 17 two point attempts. He is a total unknown to me.

I agree that Jamir is going to be a weapon at the rim though

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I would almost want to take a chance on Jarren than get the Mizzou transfer who doesn’t have the greatest stats.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
And you are basing this on 7 mpg and 3 ppg in just 16 games from over 2 years ago?

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Has he? 112 minutes played in his career with a grand total of 17 two point attempts. He is a total unknown to me.

I agree that Jamir is going to be a weapon at the rim though

I think you also need to look at how many times he went to the free throw line in 114 minutes. He was 9 - 13 from the free throw line. He also had 20 rebounds (14 offensive), which averages out to 7.2 rebounds per 40 minutes played. McAllister consistently crashed the boards offensively when he played. To put this in perspective, below are McAllister's offensive rebounding stats from his freshman year compared to stats of other team members this year. Keep in mind that McAllister is a guard.

McAllister - 114 minutes played/14 offensive rebounds

Curry - 500 minutes played/10 offensive rebounds
Kern - 202 minutes played/7 offensive rebounds
Williams - 544 minutes played/16 offensive rebounds
Stockard - 306 minutes played/17 offensive rebounds
Ward - 320 minutes played/19 offensive rebounds
DeLoach - 232 minutes played/24 offensive rebounds

VCU needs a healthy McAllister big time. He brings another level of toughness to this team.