TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
So Tre is probably not going play this March. The next enrollment and session start is March 8th. By next Jan, he is playing back in D1

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
So Tre is probably not going play this March. The next enrollment and session start is March 8th. By next Jan, he is playing back in D1
So you went to the TCC academic schedule too.....that thing was as clear as mud. There were four different dates for semester starts.🤦‍♂️

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
so theoretically I could play the whole season at VCU and let's say we lose in first round of A10 tourney and I transfer to Tallahassee JC on March 4 and Tallahassee is playing the next day on March 5 in the NJCAA national championship game, that I would be immediately eligible???? (I understand the context that he is not required to sit a year like a transfer used to have to sit when they transferred from a D1 to a D1 (non post grad))
Like I said we will learn in a week can he play or not or is he enrolled or just committed
I am guessing he will enroll but is not eligible to play this NJCAA season and will gather academic credits until he finds a new landing spot in D1 whether for 21-22 or 22-23 - But I will admit I am only guessing and don't know the rules
I dont think this is a normal year or normal circumstances. He may be able to play without negative circumstances regarding his eligibility. As you stated, we will see in a week or so.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Tallahassee is one of the best JUCOs in the country (currently #7 in the NJCAA rankings), so he's likely to get a good deal of attention if he plays well. If he picks up where he left off when he was here, this will be really good for him.
I am not sure what happened but it would have been really good if he was still on the team helping out right now.

Mar 1, 2015
It is the same JUCO where Corey Douglas played. They are starting right now so he can play and get on the recruiting radar. Eligibility wise it will not take a year because everyone gets an extra year if they want it.
He was playing significant minutes at VCU. I would think that is a bigger blip on the recruiting radar than a community college.

Jul 14, 2011
Tallahassee is one of the best JUCOs in the country (currently #7 in the NJCAA rankings), so he's likely to get a good deal of attention if he plays well. If he picks up where he left off when he was here, this will be really good for him.
Maybe last chance U moves to Tallahassee after their inaugural basketball season at a California juco. Then he would get a lot more exposure. Plus all the conspiracy theorists on this board might get a glimpse into why he really was asked to leave.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I tell my older students all the time that a BIG part of growing up is learning how to handle your business....you'd think that a college-aged young person with a Program behind him/her from coaches to tutors to strength and conditioning...oh, and not paying a dime while playing a game that you like/love at a highly well known and respected institution would be motivation enough to "handle your business"

I know I know....."wish him all the best going forward" "once a Ram always a Ram" "he's just a kid" "what were you like when you were 20".....blah blah blah

Fact is? There are millions of young people in this country whom, if given Tre Clark's opportunity, would NOT of pi$$ed it away....would not of treated this opportunity like a disposable thing....would have realized how special and rare opportunities like this are and would have worked his/her butt off to HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS.

Maybe this is just the frustration of being a teacher for 15 years at Title I schools and watching little kids carrying home bags of canned goods during a friggin pandemic where large segments of society sh1t on science and common sense...

So....enjoy your instagram/twitter junior college reveal, young Mr. Clark.....#commited......some advice? Try being committed to handling your business. I'd start with reading Lito's article on Corey Douglas. Pretty sure he realizes that he is part of a really rare and special opportunity.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
I tell my older students all the time that a BIG part of growing up is learning how to handle your business....you'd think that a college-aged young person with a Program behind him/her from coaches to tutors to strength and conditioning...oh, and not paying a dime while playing a game that you like/love at a highly well known and respected institution would be motivation enough to "handle your business"

I know I know....."wish him all the best going forward" "once a Ram always a Ram" "he's just a kid" "what were you like when you were 20".....blah blah blah

Fact is? There are millions of young people in this country whom, if given Tre Clark's opportunity, would NOT of pi$$ed it away....would not of treated this opportunity like a disposable thing....would have realized how special and rare opportunities like this are and would have worked his/her butt off to HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS.

Maybe this is just the frustration of being a teacher for 15 years at Title I schools and watching little kids carrying home bags of canned goods during a friggin pandemic where large segments of society sh1t on science and common sense...

So....enjoy your instagram/twitter junior college reveal, young Mr. Clark.....#commited......some advice? Try being committed to handling your business. I'd start with reading Lito's article on Corey Douglas. Pretty sure he realizes that he is part of a really rare and special opportunity.
How do you know he “pi$$ed” anything away? Could have been any number of things, we don’t know. How about just say “don’t take anything for granted” and leave the judgement to judges, juries and small people.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Yea, I'm sure people get suspended and kicked out of University all the time thru no fault of their own...don 't know what he did, don't care what he did (so long as no one was hurt/other)...He did what he did and now he's gone...no use crying over a guy that's gone.
I think we both agree that this is hardly worthy of a multipage back and forth discussion. My only thought is definitely use this sentiment if you are ever called for jury duty and looking to get out of it.

Reactions: RED HAVOC11
Mar 1, 2015
PT as a soph. for a contender and having a staff of coaches, trainers, tutors, cooks, and nannies keeping you on track and helping you towards your apparent goals may have been untenable. It’s also possible he just did not like his situation for whatever reason. Finishing the semester is some responsible fashion with the NCAA now providing seamless transitions between institutions would just be boring and clichéd. The right play would be to sabotage yourself. Polish off a bottle, then press the plunger and blow the bridge. Then steal a car and speed off to a poop hole in Florida for a fresh start. F#$ing A.

• Wow
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM