Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
We don't know what happened or at least most of us don't. Why all the judging and hatred ? He had a bright future here and he's not a Ram anymore.
I say wish him well and move on.

It amazes me how many posters feel a need to defend Tre for his actions, but would be throwing him under the bus if he were a fur player. Forget the uniform, forget the team, forget the school. If whatever he did warranted a quick suspension with him leaving the university, then I'm not so sure I want him back on the team at some point in the future. Time both both Tre Clark and VCU, including its fans, to move on. Case closed.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Whatever happened, credit to the university for keeping it under wraps in this era. To essentially get pulled from the layup line and booted it had to be something serious.
It isn't credit due to the school, it's the law. It's none of our business why he left.

Would I like to know ? On a certain level yeah, but it's over, he's gone, and it sucks....

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
It isn't credit due to the school, it's the law. It's none of our business why he left.

Would I like to know ? On a certain level yeah, but it's over, he's gone, and it sucks....

And how do you know it's the law vs. VCU? Being suspended from the university does not mean he broke the law. That's a huge assumption on your part, unless you know something specific.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
And how do you know it's the law vs. VCU? Being suspended from the university does not mean he broke the law. That's a huge assumption on your part, unless you know something specific.
I'm not making any assumptions about why he's no longer at VCU. The reasons why have nothing to do with it. They can't release that info, without permission by the student I believe.

As a parent I couldn't even get the grades our children were receiving at their schools (which we were paying for) without filling out forms. Schools can't tell you why a kid was suspended from a team. Have you ever heard a coach state the reason a kid was suspended, other than breaking team rules.

Reactions: share the ball
Jan 15, 2020
Anyone that thinks VCU sabotaged Tre is kidding themselves. Our players get every bit of help they need. Remember when Skeen showed up with bad academics and he left with a degree and as key part of a historic final four team? VCU would not screw over a player. That would go against everything Rhoades stands for. Nevermind Rhoades has had to deal with plenty of player drama and never did more than benched a player for it.

Major Ram 2.0

Top Member
Aug 13, 2018
Tallahassee CC is an interesting landing spot for Tre. Corey went there for a year as ME moved back to RVA and I believe he was rehabbing an injury in the off season. So any chance Tre rehabs his image serves his penance and returns to VCU.? A scenario I’d love to see. And he won’t lose a years eligibility if done right
Ok. Ok. But it’s not a coincidence he’s in the panhandle

• Love
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Tallahassee CC is an interesting landing spot for Tre. Corey went there for a year as ME moved back to RVA and I believe he was rehabbing an injury in the off season. So any chance Tre rehabs his image serves his penance and returns to VCU.? A scenario I’d love to see. And he won’t lose a years eligibility if done right
Ok. Ok. But it’s not a coincidence he’s in the panhandle

I think it has more to do with Mike Rhoades finding Tre a landing spot, versus finding Tre a "rehab" center.

Reactions: mrgeode and SteveMM

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Whatever happened, credit to the university for keeping it under wraps in this era. To essentially get pulled from the layup line and booted it had to be something serious.

They put him on "that midnight train to Georgia" before anyone knew what was going on. ;) 8-)

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
I screwed the pooch in my first college career. I learned some very painful lessons. When I did get another chance, those lessons drove me, and the second time around was much difference.

Splashy videos on Twitter notwithstanding, there are some tough lessons being taught here. I hope Tre uses them to drive himself, and that this is just a temporary detour. I won't begrudge anyone a second chance. I wish him success.