Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
I screwed the pooch in my first college career. I learned some very painful lessons. When I did get another chance, those lessons drove me, and the second time around was much difference.

Splashy videos on Twitter notwithstanding, there are some tough lessons being taught here. I hope Tre uses them to drive himself, and that this is just a temporary detour. I won't begrudge anyone a second chance. I wish him success.
When we are faced with choices in life, we pull from what we have learned from our family, friends, learned in school, read in books, watched on TV, past experiences and based on all that data, we usually make the best decisions we can at that time in our life. Sometimes its a huge mistake. If that's the case, then you learn from it. And when you are placed in a similar situation in the future -like you were Ululating, and make a better choice. You are no longer that person that made that bad decision. Forgive yourself. The old you no longer exists. Just the new you that made the right decision the second time around.
Life is filled with unlimited chances.

Last edited:

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
When we are faced with choices in life, we pull from what we have learned from our family, friends, read in books, watched on TV, past experiences and based on all that data, we usually make the best decisions we can at that time in our life. Sometimes its a huge mistake. If that's the case, then you learn from it. And when you are placed in a similar situation in the future -like you were Ululating, and make a better choice, then you have cracked the code to success. You are no longer that person that made that bad decision. That is how you take on the world.
My son didn’t take care of business his first semester in college, and he’s now finishing up at Sarge and looking to try again. He has said he knows he messed up and can’t believe he didn’t TCOB. Time will tell if a lesson was learned.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
My son didn’t take care of business his first semester in college, and he’s now finishing up at Sarge and looking to try again. He has said he knows he messed up and can’t believe he didn’t TCOB. Time will tell if a lesson was learned.
Is he getting his associate's degree? If not it could be worth looking into since he already has VCCS credit. Good way to save an awful lot of money.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Is he getting his associate's degree? If not it could be worth looking into since he already has VCCS credit. Good way to save an awful lot of money.
Yes, he’s hopefully getting his associate’s in May. Got a CPR class that has been rescheduled twice. He gets that in and he will graduate in May. He hopes to transfer to VCU or CNU. We’ve saved a ton of money over the last two years.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Yes, he’s hopefully getting his associate’s in May. Got a CPR class that has been rescheduled twice. He gets that in and he will graduate in May. He hopes to transfer to VCU or CNU. We’ve saved a ton of money over the last two years.
Good for him. Once he has it he's pretty close to guaranteed to be admitted.

• Love
Reactions: SWV