Tre Clark signs with VCU

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
I get it, but I don't --- if that makes sense.
Not sure why some on here get so excited about uncontested dunks from players who have hit the gene pool lottery.
Now, if there was a video of me dunking, that would be internet worthy.

Reactions: duncanlamb
May 1, 2009
After my crack team did their massive search, we have uncovered your hidden tape of dunk attempts. While you tried to mask your failures with other names to protect yourself, our deep scan determined that these are all of you.

Reactions: ISwamRam

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Not sure why some on here get so excited about uncontested dunks from players who have hit the gene pool lottery.
Because it is good to have players on your team who hit the gene pool lottery. More terrestrial players can be good too, but athleticism is kind of important in athletics

Sep 2, 2016
Because it is good to have players on your team who hit the gene pool lottery. More terrestrial players can be good too, but athleticism is kind of important in athletics
Agreed...having guys that can pull off these feats may not always correlate to a direct benefit, but it will help before it hurts, to have that kinda pop! Wide open dunks aren't too plentiful in-game, but always great for revving the team up when they happen, so it's good to know he can bring the thunder. I wouldn't think anyone is penciling us in for the Sweet 16 based off of this feat, though...

Lastly, I'd say mostly just take this as fun, it's the off-season, hopefully most of what we have to discuss this summer is in this vein (ie no more departures, issues, etc). And good exposure for us!

Reactions: RamBo and mrgeode

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Dude, throwing a ball off a back wall, taking it on the bounce and throwing down a wind mill—should get a little more dap than “uncontested”. The degree of difficulty on that matches or exceeds most dunks in play....it is a great heuristic for what Tre will bring to the table.

In fact, i now dub him him the title of “straight nasty” in anticipation of the havoc he will wreak on opponents next year!

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
It wasn't just a dunk. That kid's head was about 6-7 inches off the rim. If you find a player that is that explosive who can also shoot the 3, most of the time you have a baller.

Think Ja Morant. Pretty sure when the Murray State fans Morant dunk, uncontested or otherwise, prior to suiting up they got excited. Not saying Tre's going to hit the Morant's ceiling but the athleticism is there. He could potential be something special.

Even it he doesn't hit the special standard, he could turn out to be a good player. So yes, the dunk was awesome but more over thank goodness we have a young man who has hit the genetic lottery.

Last edited: