Tre Clark signs with VCU

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Maybe it was the headband. Perhaps his hair and build. But, there were a few moments out there, perhaps just looks wise, but yeah, he CAN play some rather fierce D... I felt like I looking at the reincarnation of Bri.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Maybe it was the headband. Perhaps his hair and build. But, there were a few moments out there, perhaps just looks wise, but yeah, he CAN play some rather fierce D... I felt like I looking at the reincarnation of Bri.
It was exciting to see him get in last night and he did not disappoint! I know there are only so many minutes to go around, but would have been fun to see Tre at the 1 and Bones at the 2. Given our up coming schedule there my be only one or two games where that could play out.

Last edited:
Reactions: MobileMunchies
Jul 27, 2017
If Tre plays like he did last night in the future, I think we'll be okay for however long Malik is out with his injury. He's got some serious potential.
So great to see him playing well. Very encouraging for next year. Just a seven minute sample but it's looking like his floor for next year is a solid rotation guy. Seems like a smart player who knows when to pick his moments to increase the intensity.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
At the end of the day, it’s all about player development/results. We’re only going as far as our frosh/sophs take us. The upperclassmen are supplemental (role players) at this point. The hope is that, eventually, some of those nine underclassmen (including BMB) become:

Tre Clark = Briante Weber-ish
Jarren McAllister = Jesse Pellot Rosa
Bones Hyland = Melvin Johnson/Eric Maynor-ish
Hason Ward = Larry Sanders-ish
BMB = DJ Haley
Mikael Brown-Jones = Juvonte Reddic
Jamir Watkins = Treveon Graham-ish
Joshua Banks = Jamal Shuler
Ace Baldwin = Jequan Lewis

If some of the above come to fruition, we’ll get back on track. The near future of VCU Basketball ultimately rests with the development/ascent of these 9 kids.

Last edited: