Trey Green in the Peach Jam EYBL Championship game at live now on Twitch TV!

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider

To the mods @Natty and @MattRock , I understand your public obsession with TBT but it really doesn't make a damm bit of difference in relation to our future success as a program. Recruiting is the life blood and our coaches are busting their asses to get the best players right now!
One of the perks to starting and operating your own forum is you get to decide what is important. The concerns you expressed is the very reason there are so many outlets because people didn't like things the way they were and started their own. We are all participants but only a few are decision makers 🤷‍♂️

What the [email protected] happened to the fanbase enthusiasm we had during the Larrier, Batts and Mack effort?? Now its enemic...by comparison, no one around here but handful of people gave a rats ass when Silas Demary came in for an OV a few weeks ago.. .
A lot of discussion occurred about the value of "bandwagon" fans during those times. This is the other side. VCU was the hot ticket item that everyone wanted to be a part of then. A lot of those people were not even basketball fans. They just wanted to be part of something exciting. Now due to the lack of "excitement" you have the true basketball fans and those with a true connection to the school. UVA has a much larger and involved alumni base so I am guessing the percentage of "likes" is probably proportionally correct.

80sRam

Elite Member
To the mods @Natty and @MattRock , I understand your public obsession with TBT but it really doesn't make a damm bit of difference in relation to our future success as a program. Recruiting is the life blood and our coaches are busting their asses to get the best players right now!

Not so sure that the TBT makes no difference to the future success of the program. If one of our selling points is "Ramily", then the extended family is important as well. Haven't recruits said they've been impressed with NBA and overseas pros coming back to train? The enthusiasm for the extended family playing in the TBT might make an impression, too. We love you while you're here and years after you've moved on.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
One of the perks to starting and operating your own forum is you get to decide what is important. The concerns you expressed is the very reason there are so many outlets because people didn't like things the way they were and started their own. We are all participants but only a few are decision makers 🤷‍♂️

A lot of discussion occurred about the value of "bandwagon" fans during those times. This is the other side. VCU was the hot ticket item that everyone wanted to be a part of then. A lot of those people were not even basketball fans. They just wanted to be part of something exciting. Now due to the lack of "excitement" you have the true basketball fans and those with a true connection to the school. UVA has a much larger and involved alumni base so I am guessing the percentage of "likes" is probably proportionally correct.

The original post was my attempt at a "Knute Rockney...Woody Hayes...Animal House "Germans attack Pearl Harbor" speech to get everyone fired up and on Twitter....lol.. It didn't work...🤷‍♂️

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Just to let you know DL, I appreciate you and your efforts to get good information to us on recruiting. Also, I always look at the recruiting threads first. I keep hoping to see some good news. Someone has committed or at least cut there list to three or four and included VCU. I also try to participate on Twitter appropriately.
Interestingly enough, I have gotten to know, not players but some parents (some who didn't sign with VCU too) a little and some of them are just really good people. So, it goes both ways.
I wouldn't want any of our fans just getting out there and trolling some poor high school kid, but if we show genuine interest, I think it is appreciated. Will it decide where they will end up. Nope. BTW, several of our current targets have commented on how much love they feel from Ram Nation. Not sure if they are talking about this forum, or just in general, but they have made the comments.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Sure if they came for the program not the coach, Two of them did not even make it to VCU.

Sure, Shaka was the major reason but it's indisputable our fanbase energy in person.and on social media had alot to do with it.

It makes a difference..

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Last year Rhoades picked up a great class and he will do it again.

Sure they will but why not actually support their efforts by collectively providing a timely social media presence during the recruitment period..is that really a problem?

I mean part of our brand and rep i
is the "enthusiastic" fanbase and ramily...

Here we are

K-state nation is over his offer!!

We can't even show for his OV announcement..it's pathetic.. we already at an inherent disadvantage against P5.. is it so much to ask that we show support for an OV??

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Sure they will but why not actually support their efforts by collectively providing a timely social media presence during the recruitment period..is that really a problem?

Well, I do tend to hype recruits by retweeting but that is up to whomever wants to. I doubt your griping is helping that at all. Most of the recruits you follow/post about are not even on the radar anyway.

Mercury

Elite Member

Here we are

K-state nation is over his offer!!

We can't even show for his OV announcement..it's pathetic.. we already at an inherent disadvantage against P5.. is it so much to ask that we show support for an OV??

I feel like you are arguing just to argue.