Turning the Page. New season starts 4pm at UR.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
That's not how playing time is given out. Defense is at least 1/2 of every game. Got to play it to see the court.
It's also a matter of who the coach trusts. When every win or loss can literally make or break your season, I can understand feeling more comfortable with the older guys. However...if the older guys aren't producing they shouldn't expect to hang on to their minutes indefinitely.

Mar 2, 2014
There go your NCAA bid just like that...…..Rhodes is underachieving for a million dollar coach imo. A10 first team (Evans ), Honorable mention A10 (Jenkins), and Silva (top 4 player in A10 this yr)…..Mason dominate you at home, even though the score looks respectable. News flash...Next year team wont have all of these pieces! Long road ahead for VCU basketball. The Rhodes fan club can continue to hype him but he's an avg at best head coach. Richmond is licking their chops right now. The Spiders are getting better while VCU regressing ...no way anybody confident in VCU winning the next 2 games/getting an at large bid! 1 NCAA appearance in his career for a reason! The next few rebuild years for VCU basketball will be brutal unless Briante ,Mo, Daniels and Maynor comeback lol
Spider K, is that you?

Reactions: RamFanatic and SWV

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I’ll join the fray. I think perhaps we’re giving the players too much Offensive latitude on the court. Maybe our coaches should assert more control over play selection to insure we feed the hot hand or player that is likely to have best scoring opportunity given the defense the opponents are applying. They, the coaches, have in some cases a much better perspective than the players. I know this flies in the face of Rhoades’ philosophy.

Reactions: Celticguy

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
My two cents on people trolling the forum - I have found it is best to just ignore posts by people you think are trolls. They post to rile people up - they are not looking to have any sort of rational conversation.
I gotta say, I've been posting in forums since Al Gore invented the internet. Ignoring trolls has zero effect.

Reactions: VRam
May 4, 2012
I’ll join the fray. I think perhaps we’re giving the players too much Offensive latitude on the court. Maybe our coaches should assert more control over play selection to insure we feed the hot hand or player that is likely to have best scoring opportunity given the defense the opponents are applying. They, the coaches, have in some cases a much better perspective than the players. I know this flies in the face of Rhoades’ philosophy.
Yup x 10000000000000
But its WAY too late to install an offense

Reactions: RamStrut

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
It always drives me crazy that people thing calling a timeout is a cure all for everything that is going wrong on the court. We took several, and there were 8 TV timeouts as well. None of them helped.
Agreed. Of all my gripes with MR, calling or not calling timeouts is not one of them.