Turning the Page. New season starts 4pm at UR.

Mar 1, 2015
That would just not make sense on their part. So much playing time is up for grabs next season. So foolish to leave NOW. Should have switched before this season if that was even a question for them.
Speaking in terms of just being over it for the season. Not transferring.

Reactions: RamLover

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
People complain about the lack of hustle, intensity, rebounding...
How hard would you compete at anything if you knew that regardless of performance, effort, results or hustle there would be no changes to bettering your position on the team (starting line-up) or playing time. This is a horrible culture we have built this year and it is totally on MR. It is mind boggling.
Come on man. Unless you are in practice day in and day out, you cannot accurately state that: "regardless of performance, effort, results or hustle there will be no changes bettering your position on the team (starting line-up) or playing time."

Look Mike has changed lineups this year. No one should take MSS' spot, ditto for Jenkins, Evans and I.V. add things the others cannot even when they aren't scoring. Now as to the 5th spot Corey, Mike'L, Crow, and even Bones can and have filled it dependent upon what Mike sees/needs for that specific game.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with VCU's culture. In fact, its the culture that's a huge component that has led to past success. That is unless you are privy to information that you are not sharing.

Last edited:

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
THIS x 1000. Honestly, I remember AG didn't love calling TOs either. Bitching about MR's timeout usage is like complaining that your baseball team lacks a true power hitter, but completely forgetting that your bullpen is last in the league in ERA and leads the league in blown saves.
Predictable post-loss criticisms:

1) Why didn't he call a timeout?
2) Why didn't he play zone?

Every loss apparently is the result of not doing those two things.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
Here's my question.... is the problem him? Or is the problem the players themselves? Or is it a combination of the two?

Sure, any coach can call a timeout as the opponent starts to get on a run.... but you also only get 4 timeouts a game. So you have to use them wisely. But it's evident that this year MR is trying to let the players work their way out of jams, instead of just instantly calling a timeout every time someone gets on a run. Because if we did that, we'd be outta timeouts 5 minutes into the 2nd half.

Maybe the problem is MR believes in his players too much? Maybe he's giving them too much say. Maybe MR needs to call the plays, and if the players don't run it properly in a game they bench them... just like he would do for a player who doesn't play defense?

Clearly there's "an elephant in the room" that needs to be addressed. Not sure if it's a player to player issue, coach to player issue or player to coach issue. Whatever it is, we gotta figure it out.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not remember VCU call even one timeout the whole frickin game!

May 4, 2012
Here's my question.... is the problem him? Or is the problem the players themselves? Or is it a combination of the two?

Sure, any coach can call a timeout as the opponent starts to get on a run.... but you also only get 4 timeouts a game. So you have to use them wisely. But it's evident that this year MR is trying to let the players work their way out of jams, instead of just instantly calling a timeout every time someone gets on a run. Because if we did that, we'd be outta timeouts 5 minutes into the 2nd half.

Maybe the problem is MR believes in his players too much? Maybe he's giving them too much say. Maybe MR needs to call the plays, and if the players don't run it properly in a game they bench them... just like he would do for a player who doesn't play defense?

Clearly there's "an elephant in the room" that needs to be addressed. Not sure if it's a player to player issue, coach to player issue or player to coach issue. Whatever it is, we gotta figure it out.
He is too committed to the seniors. I get the concept but its just not working.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Are you some kin to Rhoades, work for him, or went to college with him? Espn does criticism of coaches every day,so did the Espn analyst get "wrong you in some other life? Did he steal your girlfriend at some point back in the day?" My opinion is my opinion... 400,000 the expectations would be lowered. a million dollar coach and 20 million practice facilities are not for NIT and CIT appearances, you can do that with a 300,000 coach and 5 million dollar facility. When you speak nice, you're considered the ultimate Rams fan, even if the team underperform. When you give an opinion, you're a troll/hater lol MR been a head coach since 2014, 1 NCAA appearance to date. All asst coaches isn't built to be head coaches...just like all workers cant be managers...

Forum-a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Two questions (and promise you're going to be 100% honest):

1) Are you a donor?
2) Are you a season ticket holder?

Unless you have money in the pot I don't think you have a legit reason to care about anything regarding funding. If you're a donor, especially a major donor, different story. If you're just a fan watching games on TV, his salary or what was spent on the practice facility shouldn't concern you.

A lot of fans talk about what "we" spent and didn't contribute anything. Nothing wrong with fans not being donors. I just think you don't have a right to talk about money. Just my opinion.

May 4, 2012
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not remember VCU call even one timeout the whole frickin game!
Yet he finished the game with none. Msy be more a matter of using them effectively or perhaps them having no effect ? At least he has a whiteboard in his lap this year.

Reactions: HBK and fmrick

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
It always drives me crazy that people thing calling a timeout is a cure all for everything that is going wrong on the court. We took several, and there were 8 TV timeouts as well. None of them helped.
Somebody must not be saying the right thing in those timeouts then........ just spit ballin' o' course

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
We did not call one in the first half.... 2nd half we called one at 9:21 (after a 7-0 run by GMU), 7:28 (after another 7-0 run... 14-0 total) and with 16 secs left in the game down 4 (after Vince hit a 3).