'Unbelievable is Believable Here', Documentary on 2011 Final Four Rams Now Available

BAFanVCU

Co-Founder
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
I know some people on here have asked about the status of the Final Four DVD. Long story about the delay of its release but its now available. You can view all the details on where and how to purchase/view below. This is the film that screened in part of the Richmond Film Festival where Coach brought all the current players to see.
As most of you know, if you were around for the Final Four, this is the ultimate collectors item.

https://www.vcuramnation.com/2016/01/unbelievable-is-…ms-now-available/

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Awesome and thanks! What are the major differences between this film and the one CBS put out?

Reactions: Ramz22

BAFanVCU

Co-Founder
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Awesome and thanks! What are the major differences between this film and the one CBS put out?
I believe the CBS thing was just a compilation of player interviews filmed during the tournament. ( I could be wrong). This film sits down with the players and coaches after the Final Four. This has different footage (in addition) to CBS footage from the games. This is a feature length documentary as to where the CBS thing is more of a compilation/retrospective, I believe. You can view the trailer at the link in the post.

If memory serves correct, I think the CBS thing was something the department gave out to those who pre-ordered the documentary a few years ago. This is that documentary that the department was going to release.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
I believe the CBS thing was just a compilation of player interviews filmed during the tournament. ( I could be wrong). This film sits down with the players and coaches after the Final Four. This has different footage (in addition) to CBS footage from the games. This is a feature length documentary as to where the CBS thing is more of a compilation/retrospective, I believe. You can view the trailer at the link in the post.

If memory serves correct, I think the CBS thing was something the department gave out to those who pre-ordered the documentary a few years ago. This is that documentary that the department was going to release.
Awesome! Thanks

Jan 10, 2013
Finally! I tried ordering this a couple of years ago through Wall's site. No luck and no response to my emails.

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ah, what fun memories, and how much younger we all were. I was only able to travel with the band to San Antonio, which is good since that's where the band was featured the most in the documentary ;p

That first game against Florida State, we broke all kinds of rules. We were allowed into our little section around halftime of the Richmond/Kansas game and on the opposed side of us was the UofR pep band, or as well all know 'em by the No BS! Brass Band. After fur was defeated we chatted a bit with them and ended up sneaking a couple of them into our section to play with us since they were former VCU pep band members, thus breaking the 29 + the director limit. It helped that they already had the credentials for security and I imagine that the odds of one pep band being so close in friendship to another at the same arena at the same time rarely ever happens, if it ever happened before or since. Additionally, as seen in the photo that they included in the film of the band during that game (which I have a copy of in my office, cuz it's cool) one of our other trombonists, John, had purchased a "Come And Take It" flag that is part of San Antonio's culture. He was trying to figure out how to wave it and I suggested using our cleaning rods, which we taped together, and wave it we did. We were also waving a VCU flag that we brought along like crazy. Additionally, we were constantly popping out of our seats like madmen, something that the spectators around us didn't seem to mind but it obviously got the attention of the security staff. The trombone I brought with me on that trip still bears the dents from our horns running into things as we jumped with excitement as we won that game.

When it came time for us to play against Kansas, they were on us like a hawk. They handed Ryan a copy of the NCAA Tournament rulebook, with all kinds of things highlighted, such as we were not allowed to wave flags and banners and must remain seated. Additionally, they highlighted several sections about the uniforms having to be all the same (something that was really in the spirit squad section aimed at the cheer squad) and for a while there were trying to prevent us from wearing hats since not everyone who was wearing one matched. Eventually they let up on the uniform stuff for us. In the end, we won and it didn't matter but I did pick up those pages they highlighted and they now live in my practice book.

I would have loved to have gone to the first 3 games, and the Final Four, but I was working as a contractor at the time at Capital One while taking classes, and didn't exactly have vacation time, and actually worked the entire time I was there. Plus, after San Antonio, I really couldn't speak for a week and wouldn't have been able to cheer in Huston.

It's hard to believe that it's almost been 9 years, and I'm the last relic of that band who still continuously plays with The Peppas today. Something that I plan on doing for as long as I can since I work at the greatest school ever... VCU.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Ah, what fun memories, and how much younger we all were. I was only able to travel with the band to San Antonio, which is good since that's where the band was featured the most in the documentary ;p

That first game against Florida State, we broke all kinds of rules. We were allowed into our little section around halftime of the Richmond/Kansas game and on the opposed side of us was the UofR pep band, or as well all know 'em by the No BS! Brass Band. After fur was defeated we chatted a bit with them and ended up sneaking a couple of them into our section to play with us since they were former VCU pep band members, thus breaking the 29 + the director limit. It helped that they already had the credentials for security and I imagine that the odds of one pep band being so close in friendship to another at the same arena at the same time rarely ever happens, if it ever happened before or since. Additionally, as seen in the photo that they included in the film of the band during that game (which I have a copy of in my office, cuz it's cool) one of our other trombonists, John, had purchased a "Come And Take It" flag that is part of San Antonio's culture. He was trying to figure out how to wave it and I suggested using our cleaning rods, which we taped together, and wave it we did. We were also waving a VCU flag that we brought along like crazy. Additionally, we were constantly popping out of our seats like madmen, something that the spectators around us didn't seem to mind but it obviously got the attention of the security staff. The trombone I brought with me on that trip still bears the dents from our horns running into things as we jumped with excitement as we won that game.

When it came time for us to play against Kansas, they were on us like a hawk. They handed Ryan a copy of the NCAA Tournament rulebook, with all kinds of things highlighted, such as we were not allowed to wave flags and banners and must remain seated. Additionally, they highlighted several sections about the uniforms having to be all the same (something that was really in the spirit squad section aimed at the cheer squad) and for a while there were trying to prevent us from wearing hats since not everyone who was wearing one matched. Eventually they let up on the uniform stuff for us. In the end, we won and it didn't matter but I did pick up those pages they highlighted and they now live in my practice book.

I would have loved to have gone to the first 3 games, and the Final Four, but I was working as a contractor at the time at Capital One while taking classes, and didn't exactly have vacation time, and actually worked the entire time I was there. Plus, after San Antonio, I really couldn't speak for a week and wouldn't have been able to cheer in Huston.

It's hard to believe that it's almost been 9 years, and I'm the last relic of that band who still continuously plays with The Peppas today. Something that I plan on doing for as long as I can since I work at the greatest school ever... VCU.
CSB!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Available on Amazon Prime Video now! Loved watching this tonight! C’mon 2019-2020 Rams! You can do it!!!
Thanks! I was watching basketball at my friend's house on Saturday with my son Aiden. Rob B was there and my son has never seen him play. We watched the doc last night and my 13 year old was entranced. He loved when Rob got hot at the end of the first half against USC and of course the blocked shot at the end of the Florida State game. I was happy that he enjoyed a bit of VCU history. He has met Calvin Duncan who was interviewed and of course older guys like Michael Brown, Kendrick Warren, Jesse Pellot-Rose and others I have introduced him to. It was fun to answer his questions about the program and see his enjoyment.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Thanks! I was watching basketball at my friend's house on Saturday with my son Aiden. Rob B was there and my son has never seen him play. We watched the doc last night and my 13 year old was entranced. He loved when Rob got hot at the end of the first half against USC and of course the blocked shot at the end of the Florida State game. I was happy that he enjoyed a bit of VCU history. He has met Calvin Duncan who was interviewed and of course older guys like Michael Brown, Kendrick Warren, Jesse Pellot-Rose and others I have introduced him to. It was fun to answer his questions about the program and see his enjoyment.
My husband and I really enjoyed watching it. It really captured the feeling during that run--we laughed, we got choked up, we got excited, we were sad at the end. And caused me to whine, "why did Shaka have to leave?" LOL.

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
What I wouldn't give to re-live that March again, that was a fun time - especially as a student. Would love the ability to gift about 4 more baskets in the F4 game.

Reactions: thelonious_chunk
Apr 24, 2009
I bought all the NCAA dvd’s of each of our tourny games during this run for my collection, still sealed :) gonna check this one out! This team is awesome and the fanbase is passionate. I love the feeling that we can overcome anything, that I get with our program. Ram for life!

Reactions: SWV

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
just watched this last night, thanks for the heads up!

I didn't think my love for Brandon Rozzell could increase any further, yet here we are 😍

• Love
Reactions: SWV