News VCU Athletic Village

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
I wonder if the AD considers this perceived lack of supply as a benefit or a problem.
Years ago I think it was a benefit because people would continue buying season tickets thinking that they wouldn't be able to get in without them. At this point the cat is out of the bag. A lot of people have dropped their season tickets and either don't come to games at all or will pick up single game tickets to the ones they want to. You can even purchase single game tickets to every game for about half the price of season tickets. With as many tickets as we have available now for every game you need to get the word out to the most casual fans that they are available.

The breakdown I was referring too was more based on their connection to VCU/MBB not what levels they donated or if they were CCM or not.

For example you said in 2018 there were 3,769 season tickets sold.

So of those 3769 season tickets sold….

How many of those season ticket holders are VCU Alums in some form or fashion? Meaning they attended VCU at some point in their life?

How many of those season ticket holders are family members of a VCU Alum?

And lastly…. How many of those season ticket holders have zero direct connections to VCU outside of being season ticket holders / raf donors.

That’s more of the breakdown I was looking for.
Yes, I understood that. Having that information would be something any good fundraising organization should want. The info. I posted was obtained via the FOIA was not available from their current system. So, there is no way they have the data needed to get your questioned answered. The number of Donors, season tickets (ST) & $ has dropped the last 5 years. Ed and the RAF have never heard of the Law of Supply and demand. Raising and justifying the ST prices when there are about 3,000 unsold last year and raising only the lower-level B&G minimum donor amount almost double by $750. I was only able to get summary data on each donation level. It appeared to me that some donors lowered their donation amounts to B&G & Director levels, but detail data is needed for that. Good fundraisers would want that info. to use.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
You are definitely living in a different world than a lot of us. Ed has made nothing easy, and I can tell you from personal experience that he does NOT respect longtime RAF members. You may be part of the 10% he caters to, but his approach to the average donor is non existent.
Nobody caters to me, but I have had the opposite experience from what you mention and have witnessed what I describe with many people at all giving levels and even those who just attend the games and are not part of the RAF. Sure they have budgets to meet, but they appreciate the passion and support of even the casual fan. I know things have been confusing and unsettling the last few years and I also have had frustrations and raised concerns. I guess I have been fortunate to have had good experiences and hope that your future ones will be better. I do imagine that he meets and sees so many people and certainly is more familiar with the bigger donors for many reasons- that's good business, that's appreciation, and that as you know the more you give the more events and such you are invited to and therefore have interaction. (so I hear anyway ; ).
Wolfpack, you are a great fan and Ram 14 appreciates you.

find you someone that looks at you the same way AHEF looks at the FOIA
Thank you for the complement. Yes, I look at facts to find the truth. I figured that the information I requested would be readily available in the RAF system. It was not. I've developed systems for 40 years and this would be features any good developer and User would want. The RAF was not interested in it at all saying it could not be done as the 2 systems did not interface. The attendance last year was dismal, I'm sure Rhoades & players (& Myself) would prefer a full house. There have been about 3,000 lost season tickets since the sellout ended, the total RAF donations have dropped almost 1/2 million over 5 years. That's $ also lost in future years. ($1,000 is $5,000 lost over 5 years, so 1/2 M, over next 5 years is 2.5 M lost). Do you think that VCU is going to inform you or the public about how bad this is? I'm not aware of any effort by VCU to address these problems. In fact, they did the opposite by raising prices. (Law of Supply and Demand). The seating chart shows how out of touch Ed is with actual donations and ticket sales. If you are a VCU who returned to Richmond and want STs and looked at the seating chart, what would you think about buying a ticket? It's a min. of $1,750 RAF Donation to get a sideline seat. Then you look at the home out of conference schedule, how many would decide to buy single game tickets to just A10 games. Many current CCM & long time RAF donor are retiring (me & my brother) and VCU is not addressing this by getting new donors. (Moving away from Richmond) I sent the information to Dr. Rao and to the RAF staff, via the FOIA officer. IMO it's very clear that Ed and the RAF have failed their job in this area based on facts obtained via the FOIA.