VCU Baseball 2021

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Dropping a pair to liberty to round out just a great phucking weekend

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Man, these guys are mega inconsistent.....chuck in another loss to odu and that's 3 in a row, 9-10 overall
pitching has been excruciating
Tyler Locklear, however....has been a revelation.

Let's beat the Tribe and get back on the good side of .500!!!

Reactions: Ramdog

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013
nice sweep of W&M
yes 12-10 with one more non-conference game before we start our A-10 schedule. Really would have needed to be 16-6 at worst to still be in a position for an at-large, but with this record it is all on winning the tournament as usual. RPI particularly low compared to previous years at 134. An exciting, but unpredictable team so far.

Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
yes 12-10 with one more non-conference game before we start our A-10 schedule. Really would have needed to be 16-6 at worst to still be in a position for an at-large, but with this record it is all on winning the tournament as usual. RPI particularly low compared to previous years at 134. An exciting, but unpredictable team so far.
Yea, it would take a nearly perfect OOC record for ANY A10 team to be considered for an at-large the way that D1 baseball is currently constructed. It's gonna be ALL ABOUT our results in the A10....

Our pitching is what it is and Coach Stiffler and Staff REALLY have to "take what they can get" in many cases. Sometimes it works out witht he Connor Gillespies and Sean Thompson's of the world....sometimes it doesn't.
If our starters can just get us 3 to 4 decent innings....and Chenier/Webb/Watson continue to be, usinf an old term here...Firemen?? These Rams have a punchers chance to finish in and around the top of the A10.

The Offense is really looking great and Tyler Locklear/Liam Hibbits/Carpentar/Haydack/Brown are barreling up this season!!

It's a weird schedule and "local" heavy...with a late-season roadie to SLU AND a chance to play UVa twice....which is always fun.

Fingers crossed....Plus we get MLB in a week or so and that will be GREAT!!! Can't wait to see my Phils try to run the gauntlet of this deadly NL East

Go Diamond Rams!!!

Reactions: DNB and Ramdog

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013
Yea, it would take a nearly perfect OOC record for ANY A10 team to be considered for an at-large the way that D1 baseball is currently constructed. It's gonna be ALL ABOUT our results in the A10....

Our pitching is what it is and Coach Stiffler and Staff REALLY have to "take what they can get" in many cases. Sometimes it works out witht he Connor Gillespies and Sean Thompson's of the world....sometimes it doesn't.
If our starters can just get us 3 to 4 decent innings....and Chenier/Webb/Watson continue to be, usinf an old term here...Firemen?? These Rams have a punchers chance to finish in and around the top of the A10.

The Offense is really looking great and Tyler Locklear/Liam Hibbits/Carpentar/Haydack/Brown are barreling up this season!!

It's a weird schedule and "local" heavy...with a late-season roadie to SLU AND a chance to play UVa twice....which is always fun.

Fingers crossed....Plus we get MLB in a week or so and that will be GREAT!!! Can't wait to see my Phils try to run the gauntlet of this deadly NL East

Go Diamond Rams!!!
The offense is very strong...spot on about the pitching. Now that the NCAA tournament is officially over as far as I am concerned I can't wait for MLB although looks like a bleak season for my Pirates (hard to hate the Phillies though because I was a Mike Schmidt fan growing up).

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013
Dec 2, 2012
Hey;
What is the game day experience like? Its usually not crowded, do they block of seats or jsut expect people to social disance, and do they sell beer at the games?