VCU Baseball 2022

DNB

Elite Member
Davidson locked up the top seed, so the margin for Rams error is a little more pronounced...it is what it is, and it seems like the guys are as locked in and strong as ever, Take care of Fordham and then go down south and announce your presence with authority!!

As for the Pirates? Dang man, that's a tough road to hoe....SOOOOooooo much positive history just in my lifetime (born in '74)
You had 2 distinct dynasties with the 70's We Are Family group and then the Jim Leyland Bons/Bonilla/VanSlyke/Drabek et all group....followed by a real dry spell....and then a little blip of hopefulness in 13/14/15...only to have the owners pull back from $$$ commitments and now you're back in perpetual rebuilding mode.....

Do you blame the Owner/GM for the current woes? Can the Pirates contend in the NL Central?
Clemente, Stargell, Van Slyke, Phil Garner, AJ Burnett, Jay Bell, Jack Wilson, Brian Giles, manny S....owmership is tight...made some bad decisions but I think this years team is moving back in the direction of 2012. Talent innthe minors....framework of a.competitive team...jist need some experience and a few additions.

DNB

Elite Member
Alright, .alright, alright..still possible for the Rams to tie for the regular season crown with a Davidson loss and Rams win today, but this won't affect tourney. Looks like Davidson with the bye, VCU 2 seed vs. 7 seed (either Richmond, GW, or Dayton depending on how things shake out), St. Louis 3 seed vs. 6 St. Joe, and 4 Rhode Island vs. 5 GMU.

MarylandRamFan

Elite Member
Looking back over the season I see 5 games the Rams should have won. That would make them 40-13. Two were conference games, which would make them 20-3 in conference.
Doesn’t mean a thing at this point, but does point out the need to win the games you should early in the season.
Oh well, it’s all about how you finish anyway.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Looking back over the season I see 5 games the Rams should have won. That would make them 40-13. Two were conference games, which would make them 20-3 in conference.
Doesn’t mean a thing at this point, but does point out the need to win the games you should early in the season.
Couple of head shakers for sure

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Elite Member
Absolutely. I figure that we would have needed to beat Davidson one more time, Maryland (4 rpi), another win against ECU, Lafayette, Richmond and another two wins on the schedule to be in a serious discussion for an at-large bid. We are bounding around between 61-65 in RPI right now. A couple more quallity wins and eliminate some bad losses and we could be seriously in that discussion-but we didn't, and haven't over the past few years so it is win the tournament.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
FTmxlFeWAAE9-6P

Congrats to all our Rams who made these teams!!

BigE

Elite Member
Last edited: