VCU Football undefeated

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
OK, since this was bumped for the UVA/ODU game. The decision by Wilder to go for it on 4th down at his own 30 yard line with a 3 point lead was one of the worst decisions I have ever witnessed. Who the heck cares if you get a first down at your own 30 with 11 minutes to go in the game? Not getting it means you give the opposing team the ball in field goal range to tie it or go ahead with a TD. Missing it is a death blow. Well, they did not get it and it will go down as one of the most boneheaded moves ever. Just wow.

Last edited:

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Does anyone think vcu will hire jay gruden as football hc?
Bigger question. What decent head football coach would even consider having Dan Snyder as their boss? Both the Redskins and Orioles have the absolute worst owners in their respective sports leagues. Peter Angelos (and family) and Dan Snyder have pretty much run their respective teams into the ground to the point of embarrassment.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Bigger question. What decent head football coach would even consider having Dan Snyder as their boss? Both the Redskins and Orioles have the absolute worst owners in their respective sports leagues. Peter Angelos (and family) and Dan Snyder have pretty much run their respective teams into the ground to the point of embarrassment.
Well, I had Dan snyder over to the house this weekend. He was trying my latest batch. He said George Allen will be a fine replacement to Jay Gruden.

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Plenty of decent football coaches have, and will continue to go there. A coach is only as good as the franchise he inherits. Skins are a train wreck. They could hire Belichick today and nothing would change. He’d fail, plain and simple.

O’s will get back. Old man Angelos won’t be around much longer and his sons are at least a little better. I still hope they sell. Local guy Mike Elias is a fantastic GM and he’s got a solid plan. The Astros were in the same boat (with Elias) just a few years ago. They hit on some draft picks and turned it around. Granted, hitting big on Springer, Correa, and Bregman all right in a row was pretty fortunate, but it can be done.