Recruiting VCU has made the cut for 2019 3* G Nah'Shon "Bones" Hyland

Jul 30, 2014
Looks like a small 2 guard in the highlight tape. Has a sweet, high-arching shot. Would love to see him grow a few inches.

Apr 15, 2018
We're (arguably, at this point, I guess) the best program on that cut list. I wouldn't be surprised either.
And that wouldn't be too bad either. We're pretty set at the guard spot already so maybe we just land him and Wahab (big maybe there). That wouldn't be so bad.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
And that wouldn't be too bad either. We're pretty set at the guard spot already so maybe we just land him and Wahab (big maybe there). That wouldn't be so bad.
Louisville into visit wahab tomorrow and wahab will probably cut his list from 12 to 5 over the weekend. We will know soon enough where we stand wih QW.

Last edited:

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
No idea when his OV was scheduled but I would say that the "arguably" top two schools on his cut list have been out of play for a few days. The door to Temple pretty much closed when Dunn committed. Temple has one more scholly but they have needs other than another PG. Several things would have to happen for him to land at VCU, IMHO, that would mean we really missed and then we would be compounding that mistake by not waiting until the Spring /Summer

St Joes, Lasalle, UD would be good landing spots for him. With the tragedy he and his family has gone through this year, it would not be a bad thing for him to be as close to home as possible

Reactions: DNB
Apr 15, 2018
This guy's ranking has really skyrocketed since this thread was made. 247 4* #69 and #166 composite rating. Would definitely be a huge pickup and I think our chances are good. The question is now would we rather have him or a big like Reid? We could potentially get both if someone else transfers out.

Apr 21, 2009
It's definitely interesting, especially since Temple & St. Joes both lost their coaches this season...however Ace committing may have changed things up.

Mexal

Top Member
Jan 18, 2016
I like Bones, just don't see how we can fit him in. We really need a big with Mobley's spot.