VCU Hoops and VCU Athletics asks you WORDSPREAD... REGISTER TO VOTE.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Not much different than anything else right now, I am on the side of my players, coaches, staff and program.
They are asking our help in carrying out a mission.
No BS here. If we WANT change, we need to vote for it. PLEASE let your friends know to let their friends know to let their friends know... register to vote NOW.
#ThisIsWhatDemocracyLooksLike
https://www.securetheballot.org/vcu
2020-09-01_105857.jpg

Reactions: NCRam and N Mollen

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Do we really need yet another thread on these boards to discuss politics??? This is a "basketball" forum. Let's please return to that and discuss politics in another forum.

Last year at this time we were all one "Ram Nation" with little to no racial tension on these boards. And we also were not "taking sides" with the players, coaches, staff and program versus some other political side. Enough!!! Ram Nation is "ONE NATION". If you feel a need to push your political agenda, please take it elsewhere. I'm here to talk basketball.

And with that said, John Thompson may you rest in peace. Thank you for your contributions to college basketball!

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
Do we really need yet another thread on these boards to discuss politics??? This is a "basketball" forum. Let's please return to that and discuss politics in another forum.

Last year at this time we were all one "Ram Nation" with little to no racial tension on these boards. And we also were not "taking sides" with the players, coaches, staff and program versus some other political side. Enough!!! Ram Nation is "ONE NATION". If you feel a need to push your political agenda, please take it elsewhere. I'm here to talk basketball.

And with that said, John Thompson may you rest in peace. Thank you for your contributions to college basketball!

If you are here to talk basketball, why did you even enter this thread? It is pretty clear from the title what the contents of the thread would be.

May 5, 2009
Not much different than anything else right now, I am on the side of my players, coaches, staff and program.
No BS here. If we WANT change, we need to vote for it. PLEASE let your friends know to let their friends know to let their friends know... register to vote NOW.
#ThisIsWhatDemocracyLooksLike
https://www.securetheballot.org/vcu
View attachment 8636
MM, what change are you referring to? A new administration? Please clarify, so I will know who to vote for. The BLM movement is immune to criticism. Democrats want their votes and Republicans would be accused of being racists.

Last edited:

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
If you are here to talk basketball, why did you even enter this thread? It is pretty clear from the title what the contents of the thread would be.

Why is it in the Men's Basketball forum? And why is it yet another thread? The Moderators created a separate section for recruiting for this same very reason. If you want to talk politics, then create an "All Politics" section like "Recruiting".

Reactions: RamDanFan

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
Why is it in the Men's Basketball forum? And why is it yet another thread? The Moderators created a separate section for recruiting for this same very reason. If you want to talk politics, then create an "All Politics" section like "Recruiting".

Again, if you had no desire to discuss the contents of the thread why did you enter? Nobody forced this thread on you. You actively chose to enter this thread but yet you only come here to discuss basketball.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Again, if you had no desire to discuss the contents of the thread why did you enter? Nobody forced this thread on you. You actively chose to enter this thread but yet you only come here to discuss basketball.

You are totally missing the point. For years there was this golden rule that politics had no place on these boards. And look at it now. Politics is not only popping up in multiple threads, but it's taking over some threads. I'm sure if someone started a "Make America Great Again" thread or a pro Trump thread, this message board would probably blow up. That's not why these message boards were created. There are plenty of other avenues in social media for individuals to push their political agendas.

Jan 17, 2010
Not really sure how registering people to vote is political unless you’re making an assumption about how they’ll vote. The more people that vote the better, whether that is a vote for democrat, Republican, third party, etc.

That being said, I think this board has enough threads that have devolved into partisan bickering and this seems likely to head that way as it’s already being painted in that light.

Reactions: WestEndEd

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Not really sure how registering people to vote is political unless you’re making an assumption about how they’ll vote. The more people that vote the better, whether that is a vote for democrat, Republican, third party, etc.

That being said, I think this board has enough threads that have devolved into partisan bickering and this seems likely to head that way as it’s already being painted in that light.

Below are the comments in the opening thread. If that's not pushing a political agenda, then I don't know what is.

"Not much different than anything else right now, I am on the side of my players, coaches, staff and program.
No BS here. If we WANT change, we need to vote for it. PLEASE let your friends know to let their friends know to let their friends know... register to vote NOW."

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013

Agreed on the first part. 100% disagree on the second. Should the bones thread be deleted as it's become a place where people bicker/ What thread DOESN'T Get derailed around here? Is any one of these thread immune? BTW summer of 69 brought marvelous things to this planet, and people... some who spend their lives they've dedicated to living with honor. Me. That's all I am trying to do with everything I do, and what threads I start. It's honorable to encourage people to VOTE. FACT: VCU Hoops ad VCU Athletics is doing this and there is no thread currently referring to this mission in any way. If starting a thread bringing attention to VCU's mission to get people to vote (it's a pretty dire one as it's daily with our head coach), is doing wrong then I don't wanna be right. Hang me.

May 5, 2009
Agreed on the first part. 100% disagree on the second. Should the bones thread be deleted as it's become a place where people bicker/ What thread DOESN'T Get derailed around here? Is any one of these thread immune? BTW summer of 69 brought marvelous things to this planet, and people... some who spend their lives they've dedicated to living with honor. Me. That's all I am trying to do with everything I do, and what threads I start. It's honorable to encourage people to VOTE. FACT: VCU Hoops ad VCU Athletics is doing this and there is no thread currently referring to this mission in any way. If starting a thread bringing attention to VCU's mission to get people to vote (it's a pretty dire one as it's daily with our head coach), is doing wrong then I don't wanna be right. Hang me.
You have not responded to my earlier message. You must have me on ignore.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
You have not responded to my earlier message. You must have me on ignore.
I don't have you ignore, Mike, I chose not to reply, if you are in need of rationale for my reasoning here, it wouldn't have been productive in any way for me to do so. It's my right to not respond. But if you're dying for a reply, for god's sake I am not telling you or anyone else how to vote. I mentioned REGISTERING to vote and telling others to do so. I did mention one reason for some registering. This is WHAT I do each and every year anyone who has taken a moment out of their time to visit what is normally our long-lasting business knows this is true, though, no one in here that I know of has, we can say we have been there curbside for 25 years and among other things we're always encouraging people to register to vote, ALWAYS accompanied by letting them know we're not telling them who to vote for. I cannot do that curbside for my own and others' safety right now. So here I am online, also my right as it is yours. I'm not sure why doing this patriotic deed is accompanied by what looks like to me and Kat both as undue provocation. I am mirroring what VCU is doing. Thank the lord they're doing it. People need prompting for some reason.

Reactions: mike7842