VCU Hoops and VCU Athletics asks you WORDSPREAD... REGISTER TO VOTE.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Agreed on the first part. 100% disagree on the second. Should the bones thread be deleted as it's become a place where people bicker/ What thread DOESN'T Get derailed around here? Is any one of these thread immune? BTW summer of 69 brought marvelous things to this planet, and people... some who spend their lives they've dedicated to living with honor. Me. That's all I am trying to do with everything I do, and what threads I start. It's honorable to encourage people to VOTE. FACT: VCU Hoops ad VCU Athletics is doing this and there is no thread currently referring to this mission in any way. If starting a thread bringing attention to VCU's mission to get people to vote (it's a pretty dire one as it's daily with our head coach), is doing wrong then I don't wanna be right. Hang me.
When you start inflecting your personal comments "If we want change, we need to vote for it", I have a problem. This is NOT a political message board, and hasn't been since it's inception. Every citizen in good standing has the privilege to vote how they choose. It's their personal option. If they choose not to vote, then shame on them. But, the "Vote for Change" message is no more than a political platform any way you look at it.

Last edited:
May 5, 2009
I don't have you ignore, Mike, I chose not to reply, if you are in need of rationale for my reasoning here, it wouldn't have been productive in any way for me to do so. It's my right to not respond. But if you're dying for a reply, for god's sake I am not telling you or anyone else how to vote. I mentioned REGISTERING to vote and telling others to do so. I did mention one reason for some registering. This is WHAT I do each and every year anyone who has taken a moment out of their time to visit what is normally our long-lasting business knows this is true, though, no one in here that I know of has, we can say we have been there curbside for 25 years and among other things we're always encouraging people to register to vote, ALWAYS accompanied by letting them know we're not telling them who to vote for. I cannot do that curbside for my own and others' safety right now. So here I am online, also my right as it is yours. I'm not sure why doing this patriotic deed is accompanied by what looks like to me and Kat both as undue provocation. I am mirroring what VCU is doing. Thank the lord they're doing it. People need prompting for some reason.
Wolfpack ram latest post reflects my sentiments.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Meters?!?!?
That don’t sound ‘Merican, comrade.... 🤣
I am a scientist. We are smart. We work in 10's.
Weirdos work in 12's where you have to add up 5280 feet (Where did that even come from!) to get a mile or 1760 yards. Instead, I go by variation of 1/10/100/1000 to get to mm, cm, meters, kilometers.
Same thing all screwy with volumes...Oz and 16 of them make a pint or 8 pints make a gallon or 128 oz make a gallon.....WTF is that? ml to liter is so much easier....especially when working with very small volumes under a ml.

Mar 2, 2014
Crap, we can't vote for Kanye. Didn't make the Va. ballot.No birthday party here.

DNB

Top Member
Dec 6, 2013
You are totally missing the point. For years there was this golden rule that politics had no place on these boards. And look at it now. Politics is not only popping up in multiple threads, but it's taking over some threads. I'm sure if someone started a "Make America Great Again" thread or a pro Trump thread, this message board would probably blow up. That's not why these message boards were created. There are plenty of other avenues in social media for individuals to push their political agendas.
I actually would just prefer that we discuss "Make VCU Basketball Great Again." That is a topic I would follow.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Maybe the “change” the opening poster is referring to is to continue to ignore career politicians, especially the ones with 39 years in politics. I think those types have had long enough time to try to end racism.
I'd sooner get my kid's fish on ending racism before politicians...Racism will end when the ignorant and angry either
A-Die (hopefully without posioning the well of their decendants)
B-Realize the concept of "race" is unimportant contrasting with simply surviving the "human condition"
C-It's much more efficent and proactive to simply "Hate" people on a personal one-on-one level.....Really, Racism is just lazy.....I mean, 'c'mon....put a little effort out, right??
D-Extinction level event, followed by single cell organism's NOT categorizing a power structure based on number/color of flagellum.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
There's no need to put words in my mouth, the ones I use are working quite fine. I would think this community is capable of intelligently recognizing that everything out there right now is not peachy keen, not copacetic, not OK.. not great again. I believe we've had the chance to see what ill-prepared people in office are capable of doing and not doing, for that matter, both domestically and internationally. Change is exactly what we need right now.

May 5, 2009
There's no need to put words in my mouth, the ones I use are working quite fine. I would think this community is capable of intelligently recognizing that everything out there right now is not peachy keen, not copacetic, not OK.. not great again. I believe we've had the chance to see what ill-prepared people in office are capable of doing and not doing, for that matter, both domestically and internationally. Change is exactly what we need right now.
I ask again, what change are you advocating? A new administration? Sounds like you are telling us how to vote. Read Wolfpack Rams post.