VCU Hoops and VCU Athletics asks you WORDSPREAD... REGISTER TO VOTE.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
What do you mean by "the ambiguity of the English language"?
For instance, is light the opposite of dark or heavy?

Yes, most of the time it is easy to determine what is meant, but often phrases can be interpreted two ways.

And yes I was also attempting humor at his humor.

Reactions: PRock and TampaKAP

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
What do you mean "lighten"? that doesn't sound like the best phrase in these times of self- awareness...

But there are so many words in this thread with double meanings.

How to vote...does that mean explain the process or who to select?

Imagine if "change" was voting against the incumbent at all levels and all jurisdictions...

Oh and for the record, I'm not trying to pick a side other than in opposition to the ambiguity of the English language.
Really good post. It made me both chuckle and think. Expanding upon your last statement. American English is horrible. Anyone who has seriously studied one or more other languages would probably agree.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Ray Charles could see that was his intent
Honestly, IDGAF what you or anyone else assumes my intent to be. Regardless all it is or will ever be in an assumption. Not one of you want me to even initiate a explanation of my intent.
Do yall REALLY for one second want it to go there?!
Just register to vote.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Not one of you want me to even initiate a explanation of my intent.
Do yall REALLY for one second want it to go there?!
Wtf does this even mean?

Honestly, why even try to maintain the pretense that you had some neutral and altruistic intention with this thread? Nobody is buying it.

This poop should have been moved to OT the second it popped up.

MattRock

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Wtf does this even mean?

Honestly, why even try to maintain the pretense that you had some neutral and altruistic intention with this thread? Nobody is buying it.

This poop should have been moved to OT the second it popped up.
The MBB team wants you to vote, that's how this thread started, so I think it stays here for now. Again, I know it's hard, but let's keep the politics out of it folks!

MattRock

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2009
Let's keep the politics out of a thread dedicated to participating in politics? Umm...at the very least, your mental gymnastics are impressive.
Thanks buddy. Let me clarify for you - try to keep your political opinions out.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
The MBB team wants you to vote, that's how this thread started, so I think it stays here for now. Again, I know it's hard, but let's keep the politics out of it folks!
It's your board, so it's your call. I just think keeping political discussion out of a thread about voting created by someone who has such an obvious political bent is going to be impossible, and I'd hate to see another top post on the forum degenerate into a partisan poop show like the Bones thread or the let's have a discussion thread.

I hope if it gets to that point, you will reconsider moving it out of here.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Thanks buddy. Let me clarify for you - try to keep your political opinions out.
If you're going to get defensive and ugly, perhaps you should take out your frustration on the right person. In fact, I'll go ahead and make a $100 dollar donation to the charity of your choice if you can find one post of mine in this thread that's been political. Check the tape: they've all been jokes. Nice try, though.

May 5, 2009
It's your board, so it's your call. I just think keeping political discussion out of a thread about voting created by someone who has such an obvious political bent is going to be impossible, and I'd hate to see another top post on the forum degenerate into a partisan poop show like the Bones thread or the let's have a discussion thread.

I hope if it gets to that point, you will reconsider moving it out of here.
Be careful or he will put you on ignore. BTW, speaking of change, the General Assembly has passed sweeping police reforms.

Mar 2, 2014
Political posts.
Kanye is fighting to stay on the Va. ballot. KK as a first lady is what i am voting for.

Reactions: VRam